Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Tools and spanners - what is best?

Recent tool purchases that I'd recommend:
Facom flare spanners (actually used for plumbing jobs in my house, great with pipework)
Bahco reversible ratchet spanners
Britool torx bits & sockets
Bahco socket set
DeWalt impact wrench for those seized nuts
DeWalt workshop lamp, absolutely brilliant - if you can't see what you're doing it doesn't matter how good your tools are

As Iain (DeMort) says, you don't need Snap On unless you're a pro, or have unlimited cash. Equally I wouldn't waste money on cheap Chinese tools made from cheese.

This thread is dangerous, I love tools (I always justify them by the saving I make doing things myself....)
Counter Of Beans said:
Facom flare spanners (actually used for plumbing jobs in my house, great with pipework)
I had to google Flare Spanners, and have convinced myself I need these....plus I also want a set of crowfeet spanners (that attach to a 1/2" socket drive)

I have the Makita 18v impact wrenches (both the light and heavy-duty versions) - they are great. Also have the fluorescent and LED lamps that use the same batteries - these are really good. If you already have any Makita LXT tools (I had cordless drills and saws etc) then its really cheap to buy just the bare bodies (but also highly addictive).

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back