Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.2 carrera bumper swap out

Blown_u

Hey all,

I have a gen 2 carrera 4s, I have been exploring different front splitters to make the car more 'sporty" if that makes sense, but I can't seem to find any!

Another option would be to fit a turbo/gt2 front bumper, aside from the obvious like drls and fogs, would the bumper bolt straight on?
Do I need to buy a turbo inner skin or would mine bolt up to it?

Thanks in advance.

GTS or Aerokit bumper would be simplest. GT3 will push up costs a bit. Not seen a GT2 front on a Carrera, but I guess it's equally possible. Not seen a Turbo front end either. There's TechArt too.

Have a google about guys fitting the 991 lower lip to a gen2 997 , member Monster has done it down here and its a nice look its subtle but more aggressive and looks very OE unlike some of the aftermarket ones .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YreSIOOVng

I've fitted a turbo front end to mine. I went with the Gen 2 lights which act as DRLs with the ignition on and then flash as indicators when selected.
The front bumper is a direct bolt on the differences are as follows:
Tubing for the headlight washers need to be extended & you will also need to change the front wheel well and under bumper plastic liners to have a perfect fit.
I didn't change my wheel well liners, I got them to fit by heating them up a bit and lining everything up, underneath the front bumper you need to buy the lower shields.

Thanks all,
I'm liking the 991 front lip! That might be an option.
Fitting a turbo bumper just seems abit of a headache.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back