Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

GT3 seat brackets

HSC911

GT3 guru's, I need your help
yoda.gif

I put my bucket seat into my car, driver (right) only so I could get the kids in and out. (Not in at present BTW)

They climb over the seats anyway so I thought I may as well put the passenger side seat in too :nooo:

I have a spare set of rails, easy...

What I seem to have is, and here is the question, two sets of the same brackets. So two pair's of driver side brackets I was told.

Looking at the parts diagrams for seats/brackets, they list a part number for the left bracket and another for the right:

http://www.autoatlanta.com/porsche-parts/hardparts.php?dir=GT31-03-05&section=817-90

item 10.

So I call Porsche parts Silverstone and they tell me that they are all the same. No difference between passenger/driver side brackets. That I just need a pair, which I have.

So who's wrong? Friend who works at OPC or Porsche OPC part's chap? :pc:

99652192390 Driver side

99652192490 Passenger side

And also this:

99652192393 Adapter Parts Kit Seat Rail Left Seat (LL)

I know that one bracket is a bit 'wider' so it moves you away from the centre console a little, is that the same for the passenger side too :dont know:

TIA :thumb:

No direct experience but..

By 'bracket" do you mean the sliding rails or the mount (vertical) that fits seat to the rails?

It stands to reason that if the mounts are offset ( not symmetrical) to position the seat to the wheel/pedals ( more likely) then they'll be handed L/R too. Then there will be the seat belt receptable thingy mount point which is definitely handed so id say OPC are a bit wrong. Add to that there are two distinct part numbers...

Thanks for that.

I mean the mount, and I agree, I think OPC are wrong too :pc:

:thumb:

For the viewers at home only...

I have these, Driver side, so if you know the part number then that would be great:

And here is a set of driver side and passenger side next to each other (yellow = Passenger side, blue = driver side), you can see that they are totally different and NOT the same as the OPC parts bloke said:

Answers on a postcard or you can reply here... :grin:

:thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back