Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996.1 cab C2 manual

I managed to find one last year , small fortune but was a must have just because i could :D

Turns out I did melt the brake wear sensors, having them swapped for non-melted ones whilst Precision even up the exhaust tips.

I also treated myself to a new key body as the roof function button was getting a bit temperamental.

Be warned, Trackdays become addictive :) - 911's, even in stock format are so much more capable than people think.

If it becomes a regular thing, lose the wear sensors, picture included of my solution, and the anti-vibration shims, neither are required, better fluid, SRF or Motul RBF660 is also a cheap and worth while addition.

But the main thing, enjoy, it makes no difference how fast your going!

Attachments

• wear_sensor_154.jpg
    wear_sensor_154.jpg
    414.4 KB · Views: 2,961
That's admirably neat, nicely done.

I'm hoping (but prepared to be bitterly disappointed) that by fitting larger discs I'd not reach the peak temps that did for the wear sensors, with my humble bumbling round the track anyway.

Which reminds me to chase Reyland again.

Had the car detailed today and the new hood sealed by the GTechniq chap from GB Valeting (Aaron by name, nice chap).

He pointed out a few areas that needed a little attention in the new paint so I called Barry at Multi-tech who immediately booked the car in to have the (minor) imperfections remedied.

I'll drop the car off with him for a week late in September.

The stereo continues to have slight interference when listening to the radio - could I ask everyone who reads this post and has a 996 to comment as to whether you have perfect reception on whatever radio you have, or is there slight background interference on some channels?

I'm a little loathe to fire the money gun if "they all do that sir", but if they don't I am absolutely going to resolve this!

43211863624_90979da4d1_b.jpg

Looking good Neil. It sits really nicely. Can't beat a blue roof on a silver car.

Pity it has to go back to the bodyshop but at least they're prepared to sort it.
Do you trust them to sort it in a week though? :grin:

Could the detailer not perfect the issues? I trust detailers for the end result more than bodyshops, but as long as it gets sorted who cares eh. :thumb:

The paint on the leading edges of the deck lid louvres is lifting, there's the stone chip on the bumper and there are 5 or so little dips in the bonnet (likely old stone chips), all of which need fresh paint and prep.

Other than that there are a couple of areas which just need flatting back and polishing, but given the other stuff I've asked the painter to do the lot.

In the meantime I have booked the C55 in with another painter to do the wheelarches- he's the father of the Porsche tech who looks after all the press/event cars, met him through the detailer who looks after all of those cars from a paint perspective.

So I have options- hopefully Barry will fix the minor issues and the Porsche will be perfect, but I have a plan B (if the C55 turns out well).

It's a collaboration between a couple of people from the forum with Hartech providing the shortblock/engine assembly.

It's not fully settled, but the rough specification is:

Hartech 3.7 bottom end with additional crank bearing at flywheel
Race Techniques heads/cams/solid lifters/rods/pistons/tune
Jenvey ITB's into custom enclosures, GT3RS centre section/plenum/stock CAI and filter
Cargraphic headers, Top-Gear X-pipe, Cargraphic exhausts

Basically the silliest engine that you could think of to shove in the back of a cab.

Dammit said:
It's a collaboration between a couple of people from the forum with Hartech providing the shortblock/engine assembly.

It's not fully settled, but the rough specification is:

Hartech 3.7 bottom end with additional crank bearing at flywheel
Race Techniques heads/cams/solid lifters/rods/pistons/tune
Jenvey ITB's into custom enclosures, GT3RS centre section/plenum/stock CAI and filter
Cargraphic headers, Top-Gear X-pipe, Cargraphic exhausts

Basically the silliest engine that you could think of to shove in the back of a cab.

Interesting, very interesting. - How far advanced are you? Do you have any indication on ball park performance figures? Do you have a number in mind?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back