Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Can you tell what it is yet?

911TEL said:
Either way ....it's got the making of a nice cave mate!!

Just when it's done , don't make the mistake of accepting domestic overflow into it ......

I'm cleaning all the non motoring from mine AGAIN on my next trip home .........
!

What is it about women and garages? I tiled my floor with porcelain tiles, ideally NOT to be covered up with bleedin kids bikes, skateboards, old kitchen electricals, and general household shiite. I know well put it in the loft instead? for the next 20 fucin years :frustrated: Then when I snuff it you pay a man with a van to take it to the tip! Just take it now FFS!!

No chance. As part of the design, I factored in loads of storage space.
So it's hard to see but there is a room off to the left that will house all garden tools etc. I then have on the 3rd floor an area for storage of all the domestic overflow stuff that is the same footprint as the garage. It was too low to to turn into a usable room so it became the storage area.
As part of doing a build is that you hold onto loads of stuff that you may need, but now am at the point of nearly being done so having to be ruthless with chucking stuff away.
I hate mess and clutter and garages are for cars :bandit:

FZP said:
As for the garage, I've been renovating the whole house, well renovating isn't the right word. I've built a new house around another house and the garage is the last thing to do. I've got to drop the curb, screed the floor as it's 70mm below finished floor level at the moment. I'm then getting guys in to put the resin type flooring down like they have in F1 factories.
As for the man cave, it's not a bad space but I'd have liked it bigger. I've converted the old kitchen into the shed for my wares and the garage will be parking only.
I've been thinking about doing a build thread, but thought perhaps it's not the right place for it on here. Anyway. Looking forward to finishing it off :thumb:

Sounds similar to what ive been doing. Have just doubled the size of my house nearly and made the mistake of saying to the builder "whilst your here you may as well extend the double garage". Needless to say he immediately cracked on with the garage, so now ive an 11metre by 5.5metre garage and rapidly running out of money to finish the house extension.

I also invested in a metal 12ft x7ft storage shed which has allowed me to off-load as much as I can from the garage into the shed.

Just need the building work to all be finished then I hopefully will be able to park my car in the garage!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
b8n8tai
Back