Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Bovee 1000 for Gen 2 997

Geezer 911 said:
My Bovee arrvied today. I managed to connect the Bluetooth straight away however I do have an issue, unfortunately the sound is coming from only the left hand side my car. At first I thought the right hand side speakers stopped working. The sound balance didn't make a difference. I then pressed tuner to check the radio stations and all the speakers worked fine...

Has anyone else experienced this or is just me? If this is the best it's going to be I am going to send it back as I didn't have these issues when I manually had my iPhone plugged to the y cable etc.

Doesn't look like it's the Bovee that's at fault. Just plugged the Y cable manually back to my iPhone and experienced the same issue with the sound, either it's a faulty Y cable or faulty PCM unit. I'm going to try the Y cable route first and buy a new one.

Sound from left side only happens sometimes with my bovee set up in my gen 2 997. Found that unplugging and reconnecting the bovee device from cable,does the trick. Takes a minute or two for devices to all start talking again but does work. Best not done as one is driving though.

Be careful if you have unplugged the y-cable from the car. The pins in the round connector snap/bend very easily. I broke mine when first installing the bovee. New cable £25 from OPC.

Geezer 911 said:
My Bovee arrvied today. I managed to connect the Bluetooth straight away however I do have an issue, unfortunately the sound is coming from only the left hand side my car. At first I thought the right hand side speakers stopped working. The sound balance didn't make a difference. I then pressed tuner to check the radio stations and all the speakers worked fine...

Has anyone else experienced this or is just me? If this is the best it's going to be I am going to send it back as I didn't have these issues when I manually had my iPhone plugged to the y cable etc.

Not sure if this is a factor, but its worth nothing that when you are on hands free, the right hand speakers automatically shut down and voice sound just comes out of the left ones....

I have one of these units and I find it to be frustrating. It works sometimes immediately and then I get our of the car to buy fuel or a Starbucks and then it will not re-pair with the phone. I can't see the phone then I restart the PCM and it sees it but won't play the music, or it plays the music from my phone although I can control it on my PCM, then I restart the phone and the PCM and eventually it works. It's a great idea in principle and on a long trip when you are in the car for a few hours it's fine, but if you are getting in and out it's a faff.

I also find that often when it does pair with the Bovee when I go into Bluetooth settings the phone part did not pair and I have to do it manually.

Don't know if my unit is faulty but that is my experience. And it's behaved this way with two phones.

isysman said:
I have one of these units and I find it to be frustrating. It works sometimes immediately and then I get our of the car to buy fuel or a Starbucks and then it will not re-pair with the phone. I can't see the phone then I restart the PCM and it sees it but won't play the music, or it plays the music from my phone although I can control it on my PCM, then I restart the phone and the PCM and eventually it works. It's a great idea in principle and on a long trip when you are in the car for a few hours it's fine, but if you are getting in and out it's a faff.

I also find that often when it does pair with the Bovee when I go into Bluetooth settings the phone part did not pair and I have to do it manually.

Don't know if my unit is faulty but that is my experience. And it's behaved this way with two phones.

No I dont think yours is faulty mate mines the same.As I said further up its a decent option to enable you to stream but like all these things that interface with the PCM it can be a bit clunky mine even saysconnected to bovee on the phone but the PCM says its not , then a few mins later its connected . its not perfect but it is all thats available to stream unless you go for an aftermarket head unit. I am not using the laterest software flash for PCM maps etc so there maybe some bug fixes in the latest maps software which might explain why some find it works perfectly and others that its a bit clunky :thumb: :thumb:

Problem solved :thumbs:

The Y cable was broken. Just received a delivery of a new one it works straight away :thumb:

If a you have a Gen 2 and don't have a Bovee I recommend getting one :thumb:

A question - I have the original Porsche PCM audio interface cable that connects the USB/Aux inputs to an old iPod/iPhone with the 30 way connector. The Apple 'official' 30 way to lightning connector then interfaces this with my iPhone 6s and both charges it and interfaces the apple music library and Spotify (though I can't control Spotify from the PCM screen).

All works perfectly. So does the Bovee interface offer anything more other than wireless connectivity?

Busterwebb said:
A question - I have the original Porsche PCM audio interface cable that connects the USB/Aux inputs to an old iPod/iPhone with the 30 way connector. The Apple 'official' 30 way to lightning connector then interfaces this with my iPhone 6s and both charges it and interfaces the apple music library and Spotify (though I can't control Spotify from the PCM screen).

All works perfectly. So does the Bovee interface offer anything more other than wireless connectivity?

Spotify etc can be controlled within reason through the PCM with Bovee the biggest advantage is that your phone stays in your pocket and you dont have to mess around conecting it with cables. the iPod option was what I originally had and if all you want to do is listen to an album from your library on your old ipod then what you do is fine,but if you want to access spotify premium or deezer or any of the other music streaming services so you get "all the music in the world ever " to your PCM and have some visual interaction with the PCM while keeping your phone in your pocket, then the Bovee1000 or similar is what you need along with the Y cable that uses the porsche ipod port in the armrest console its this port that I believe gives you the interaction with the PCM doing it the other way using aux and usb allows the sound to access the speakers via the PCM but theres no interface . :thumb: :thumb: I would try buying the porsche Y cable £30 from the OPC this will allow you to connect to the Porsche Ipod port connect manually your old phone try spotify if that works and intefaces with the PCM giving you some functionality on the PCM, then the only advantage of the bovee would be the wirelessness, and if you dont need that then your good to go. :thumb:

I've used my Bovee without issue for the past 18 months and now it seems that it is not working at all. Have tested the Y cable with an iPod and it's working so not a cable issue. Phone can connect to PCM so not a phone issue, just seems like the Bovee is not on or working at all. Any ideas on troubleshooting?

Only the obvious advice.

Is the blue light showing on the bovee? If not, check all connections and whether you have power coming from the usb socket. (Eg plug charger cable in)
Or you could try cig lighter adapter for usb power source.

If you have power, delete the bovee from your phone Bluetooth list and try to pair them again.

:dont know:

Hi i just got my bovee 1000 can get music coming through but very quiet. will it work with iphone 7 or x. also cant get any information from spotify on the screen at all. do i use the ipod button

thanks

love154 said:
Hi i just got my bovee 1000 can get music coming through but very quiet. will it work with iphone 7 or x. also cant get any information from spotify on the screen at all. do i use the ipod button

thanks

just checking you are connecting it through the Y cable aren't you and not just the single cable .

are you streaming something lie Spotify if so its probably because you need to upgrade to Spotify premium the pay one £10 a month then you will get the full monty service , I think you are getting the restricted free service. :thumb: :thumb:

Hi i have the full service and bothwires in. maybee the cable is at fault?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back