Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cruise control

jond58

Nurburgring
At idle and the green cruise control light is on?!? Doesn't seem anyway to get it off!! Any ideas?? It's a bit irritating is all?!?

Have you tried turning the cruise control off with the button on the end of the stalk?

Yeah I tried that. Most annoying as I never use cruise control in any vehicle I have!!!! I pulled it out of the garage to hoover it inside and put it back. Not sure if I could have disturbed the brake light switch or clutch switch ?!?? Apparently these are linked according to what I've read

Try driveing the car and pressing the cruise button .. if that doesnt work have a look up at the pedals , you can just about see the switches and if anything is disconnected .. not something ive seen though if it is .

Failing that a vehicle handover with a tester is the next thing i would be looking at .

If you never use the cruise control then it can be coded off with a tester .. that will stop the light And the cruise from working .

I'll try that tomorrow, run it out and see what happens. I have use of a snap on solus that I will read faults and I think has some testing menus. As long as it's a light it's just an annoyance but I like things right!!!

From what I've read most people have them failing. I didn't find any posts anywhere relating to the light been stuck on!!!

jond58 said:
From what I've read most people have them failing. I didn't find any posts anywhere relating to the light been stuck on!!!

Ive not seen it before but with all things " computer related " we turn them off and on again .. lock the car then drive it or a vehicle handover are the same thing .. in a rough sense :)

I'd agree with more and more vehicles having sensors for everything they are a minefield and can throw up the oddest things! I own a Vito van for work and the Benz canbus wiring is at times bizarre!! One thing goes down, affects something unrelated at the other end of the van!

Aghh Can bus :D .. gota love it .. we also have Lin Bus on the newer models so master and slave controllers and not just a loop of control units.

To be fair its a pretty solid system on Porsche and the 996 is just a basic one ..

There is also no choice but to have it .. the wiring on modern cars with out it would make them a lot heavier and the systems slower .

First training cource i did on this many years ago and they made us convert binary into hex then Ascii to understand what the binary message was .. 30 mins to convert one 16 / 32 bit message .. absoulutly no use what so ever on a car but it did teach us the shear speed which these systems work at .

I digress though .. try what has been mentioned and see how you get on ..

There is always the codeing off option .

Well went to the Lotherton Hall show today, no light on all day?!? Heaven only knows must have been in one of those moods!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back