Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Anyone had an Exige or thought about one?

crash7 said:
You make the point perfectly, while not all about the driver, massive horse power and modern driver aids can offer a lot, the vast majority is. (About the driver)

I was on a recent track day where a 991 GT3 RS was being passed by 172 Clios

However provided your enjoying it makes no difference how fast your going!! - There are no trophies!!

Spot on mate spot on

I've had an Elise for nearly 6 years now, I don't drive it enough but I love it everytime I do.... it's a hoot and go kart.
Lovely having the roof down on these sunny days I couldn't recommend enough as a blast weekend or track car.

Refined it ain't but value for money it is, and it's worth far more than I paid for it, which is nice bonus :D

I still plan to get a Lotus one day. :grin:

As to trackdays, we have had a lot of fun hassling the odd 911, and all sorts of big coupes with the MINIs. Even when 'down on power' a 997 can also push them into a mistake (usually under braking). As long as you have a good set up, good tyres and brakes, the corners are where the fun is. They might come past on the straight, but then you outbrake them and off you go again. 8)

To the OP, I am currently looking to move from my 996 to an Exige V6 as I am looking for something a bit faster for weekend use and the Exige seems to fit the bill. I have owned two VX220s which I ran as dailies so have a good idea what an Exige will feel like. My old standard VX220 turbo felt very fast with 0-60 in 4.7 seconds, the Exige drops that to 3.8, so it must feel very rapid and so just right for Cornish roads.

According to Jamie Matthews, the sales guy at Bell & Colvill, who are the largest Lotus dealer in Europe, the sweet spot is:
A manual coupe in Black/Grey/Orange/Red
Less than 10k miles
Standard,
Not noticeably tracked (they test the ECU to check for launches)
Full Lotus history
Preferably with some warranty left on it (clutches can go in well under 10k miles if it has been launched too many times) so 65 reg or later.

Prices in the Spring/Summer are generally £2-3k more than in the Winter as more cars are available in the Autumn/Winter (he said he is as busy in December as July).

He reckons £42k will get you into an S with the right spec. A equivalent 350 will be £50k+.

I am still looking but think I'll try to wait until October when prices soften...

:thumb:

Fastlane said:
To the OP, I am currently looking to move from my 996 to an Exige V6 as I am looking for something a bit faster for weekend use and the Exige seems to fit the bill. I have owned two VX220s which I ran as dailies so have a good idea what an Exige will feel like. My old standard VX220 turbo felt very fast with 0-60 in 4.7 seconds, the Exige drops that to 3.8, so it must feel very rapid and so just right for Cornish roads.

According to Jamie Matthews, the sales guy at Bell & Colvill, who are the largest Lotus dealer in Europe, the sweet spot is:
A manual coupe in Black/Grey/Orange/Red
Less than 10k miles
Standard,
Not noticeably tracked (they test the ECU to check for launches)
Full Lotus history
Preferably with some warranty left on it (clutches can go in well under 10k miles if it has been launched too many times) so 65 reg or later.

Prices in the Spring/Summer are generally £2-3k more than in the Winter as more cars are available in the Autumn/Winter (he said he is as busy in December as July).

He reckons £42k will get you into an S with the right spec. A equivalent 350 will be £50k+.

I am still looking but think I'll try to wait until October when prices soften...

:thumb:

Yeah likewise I was thinking around October time.
And less miles the better, hard to tell if a truthful seller has been on multiple trackways and launched it to death.
General quality though looks great.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PC Saros
Back