Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cayenne propshaft replacement

SD99

Trainee
Was flooring it yesterday and had that "holly F@@K" moment when I realised my propshaft / cardan shaft/ driveshaft bearing had just failed.

Looks like replacements from GNK can be bought for £400 so I might go this route than the bearing kit.

Was going to get it replaced by GT1 but they are fully booked, although they did kindly offer to fit me in between their other jobs but couldn`t guarantee a date.

Are any special tools or skills required? If I supply the part can I get any local garage to do the work? Any recommendations in the Surrey/ Woking/Chertsey area?

Car still drivable if I take it easy.

Its not a hard job so imho any garage could do it , the only difficult bit as such is getting the prop off the diff .. a few punches and a hammer are required .

Be thankfull .. these props used to be well over £1k !

cheers.

Finally a part has come down in price. :thumb:

Usually it's the other way around when my repairs are needed.

It was going to take a couple of days for the new Propshaft to come from Germany as no one had one in stock for under £500 in the UK. So I ended up getting this fixed at a places called CCM in West Sussex. Basically they removed the Propshaft and replaced the bearing and put it back together. Cost £466 which wasn't the cheapest fix but not the most expensive and they were able to do the next day for me so drove to their garage and it was all done a couple of hours later.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back