Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

door seals

Obviously if it was a drive shaft, shock absorber etc. then maybe the premium OEM product would be best... but for a door seal at such a massive saving, I think most would be willing to try it. ;)

C.

Seals

Hi Adrian
When I spoke to design 911 they advised me to get these ones as they said the quality is oem quality. (As I also asked the same question!)
I've worked in the rubber and silicone industry and they seem a good quality rubber (not loads of filler/chalk in them) that works as intended and fit really well.

Just ordered :)

decgraham said:
Just checked and door seals for a cabriolet are £450.00 plus Vat but at least you get 2 in 1 so only £225.00 each side but still silly money compared with the 964 price. I thought the Targa would use the same seals and then have additional rubber seals in the roof but not the case as I have just found out. Porsche know these cars are going up in value and they want to be at the party :x

ATB :)

My cabriolet has a worn drivers side door seal where lazy people (me included), drag their feet as they get in the car.
not a serious problem as the car doesn't sit or go out in the wet much.
However, as far as i can see the 964 trick will not work here, looking at the parts diag, as mentioned above the 993 has a single seal that runs across the dash between both doors. whereas the 964 has separate seals that stop at the top of each door. looking at £450 v £25!
Unless anybody knows different?
J

Attachments

• screen_shot_2018_07_31_at_103338_638.png
    screen_shot_2018_07_31_at_103338_638.png
    94.3 KB · Views: 5,410
  • screen_shot_2018_07_31_at_103325_404.png
    screen_shot_2018_07_31_at_103325_404.png
    173.9 KB · Views: 5,410
Hi jhrfc,

From what I can see the seal doesn't go across the dash it goes over the top of the windscreen and forms part of the roof seal. I've attached a few pics for your info. However you can see in pic 4 with the red arrow there is a "molding joint", now weather the seal is made in various parts and then glued/vulcanised together I don't know, but at £19.95 it might be worth a punt to see if you could make it work. :?:

Attachments

• door_seal_4_179.jpg
    door_seal_4_179.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 5,380
  • door_seal_3_167.jpg
    door_seal_3_167.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 5,380
  • door_seal_2_645.jpg
    door_seal_2_645.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 5,380
  • door_seal_377.jpg
    door_seal_377.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 5,380
  • full_door_seal_144.jpg
    full_door_seal_144.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 5,372
decgraham said:
Hi jhrfc,

From what I can see the seal doesn't go across the dash it goes over the top of the windscreen and forms part of the roof seal. I've attached a few pics for your info. However you can see in pic 4 with the red arrow there is a "molding joint", now weather the seal is made in various parts and then glued/vulcanised together I don't know, but at £19.95 it might be worth a punt to see if you could make it work. :?:

Thanks!
ah yes, this makes it a fairly tasty job. I'll leave it until i really need to, esp as my roof line does not leak, and then probably get the offiical part fitted by a trimmer. As i say the bottom of the door sill is no issue to me water wise, and as you probably know with a cab, if it was causing more wind noise, I'd never know!

I just bought a set of these and got a £2 discount using the 911UK09 code.......not really sure why I bought them as got Porsche ones fitted 4 years ago when I got the full respray done - dam this forum! :pc:

ColinC said:
I just bought a set of these and got a £2 discount using the 911UK09 code.......not really sure why I bought them as got Porsche ones fitted 4 years ago when I got the full respray done - dam this forum! :pc:

Think of them as an investment for the future....or a saving for the future...The Porsche virus is strong, I needed a new side indicator, just the one...so I bought 3...just in case..

Gang, a rather old thread but is this still the way to go?

Recap: use 964 coupe door seals on your 993, if you don't want to spend big money on the slightly smoother 993 item?

£25 v £199 a side

Cheers

Ian

I'd say so. I have a pair of brand new 964 seals in my spares stash for when the time comes. :thumb:

C.

What a very timely thread revival! I have wind noise at higher speed from near the wing mirror area.

Just ordered some from Heritage Parts Center with PCGB discount - £53 all in for two.

:worship:

Gwsinc said:
What a very timely thread revival! I have wind noise at higher speed from near the wing mirror area.

Just ordered some from Heritage Parts Center with PCGB discount - £53 all in for two.

:worship:

Ordered :thumb:

Fitted these 964 seals the other day, the Heritage Parts ones are made by JP Dansk/Classic Line.

Easy to fit, if you have any bits that don't sit quite right it's likely a sticky foam pad that needs to be removed from inside the channel.

Give the channel a good clean but don't remove all the glue or use harsh chemicals as you may start to peel off the roof/a/b pillar lining.

Initially the doors will be hard to shut and will need to be slammed firmly, but if all is seated properly it will get easier in time, a week later and its already easier.

Less road and wind noise too :thumb:

This is a very long shot, has anyone got a 993 Targa driver's door seal knocking around?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
964Turbo.3.3Mike
Back