Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Replacing Front Control (Coffin) Arms

thesmithsUK

Nurburgring
Looking to buy two, new, front control ('coffin') arms.

Early creaking just perceptible, so thought I'd just cut to the chase and get it done.

Genuine Porsche arms are currently £207+VAT (each) from my OPC, including the PCGB discount. Not cheap, but at least I know they'll fit!

Crikey! That's a lot isn't it?

Apart from ebay, have you checked Design911? They seem to be much cheaper?

I have literally just had this done on mine in the last few weeks but as the car now has 74K miles on it, I figured i would have it then set up by CG straight afterwards so I had the rears changed as well

After talking to both Pete at CG and my Tech, we went for CTE arms as good quality for the kind of use my car has (90% road/10% track). Apparently some arms are slightly different length which needs adjusting for

I think the CTE arms were less than £100 each? Worth having a full geo afterwards IMHO (especially as mine has KWv3 that have been on there for nearly 10 years and it gave me the perfect opportunity to have H&R ARB's fitted at the same time 8) Very impressed so far with CG and the suspension set up :thumb:

I have literally just had this done on mine in the last few weeks but as the car now has 74K miles on it, I figured i would have it then set up by CG straight afterwards so I had the rears changed as well

After talking to both Pete at CG and my Tech, we went for CTE arms as good quality for the kind of use my car has (90% road/10% track). Apparently some arms are slightly different length which needs adjusting for

I think the CTE arms were less than £100 each? Worth having a full geo afterwards IMHO (especially as mine has KWv3 that have been on there for nearly 10 years and it gave me the perfect opportunity to have H&R ARB's fitted at the same time 8) Very impressed so far with CG and the suspension set up :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monkey
Back