Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

horn sounding on its own

searider said:
deMort said:
I guessed at a 2002 model and the wiring diagrams are below.

Relay board is o/s/f and above the fuse board .

GP2 .. or any GP on a wiring diagram is an earth point with the number as the location .. an earth basically .

Brown wire.

Thanks, mines a 1998, I'll have a look.
I assume that if I can hear the relay clicking it's ok?

Erm .. no .

It may click but if the contacts inside the relay are burnt it wont make the connection between 30 and 87 .

You should have 12 volts on term 86 with the earth on 85 only there with the horn pressed .

term 30 will be 12 volts with term 87 being the output to the horn .. if you bridge term 30 and 87 with a bit of wire then the horn should work ..

deMort said:
searider said:
deMort said:
I guessed at a 2002 model and the wiring diagrams are below.

Relay board is o/s/f and above the fuse board .

GP2 .. or any GP on a wiring diagram is an earth point with the number as the location .. an earth basically .

Brown wire.

Thanks, mines a 1998, I'll have a look.
I assume that if I can hear the relay clicking it's ok?

Erm .. no .

It may click but if the contacts inside the relay are burnt it wont make the connection between 30 and 87 .

You should have 12 volts on term 86 with the earth on 85 only there with the horn pressed .

term 30 will be 12 volts with term 87 being the output to the horn .. if you bridge term 30 and 87 with a bit of wire then the horn should work ..

Thanks all,

To close this out I changed the relay which made no difference.
Two new horns and the problem is sorted.

Duncan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back