Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Bovee 1000 for Gen 2 997

Geezer 911

Hi guys,

I'm finding the process of taking my iPhone protector case annoying every time I want to plug adapter when I want to listen to music. With this in mind I was considering buying a Bovee device from amazon.

Please can anyone advise:

1) Does the the current adapter I have (the wire/lead with the 3 plugs) go straight into into the Bovee device? Or do I need to buy a separate adapter?

2) As this is a Bluetooth device, will it effect my phone accepting incoming calls to the actual telephone once it's synced?

Cheers

:popcorn:

Bovee will plug into the y-cable

Won't interfere with phone calls.

i have the bovee

plugs in fine

phone works perfectly

ash .

One point to note is that it needs the USB port for power, so you won't be able to use a usb stick as music source without unplugging bovee.

Or charge your phone whilst using bovee (unless you use cig lighter)

Geezer if you have spotify premium or similar you get all the music in the world ever straight from your phone into the 911 via bovee you need the bovee1000 . I have it and its great :thumb: you will need the Y cable one bit in the ipod port one in the usb port and the other in the bovee ,if you dont have the Y cable and only have the single ended cable the Y is under £30 from the OPC

James M-S said:
One point to note is that it needs the USB port for power, so you won't be able to use a usb stick as music source without unplugging bovee.

...unless you use a small USB 2 Port Passive Hub which fits nicely in the rear console cubby along with the Bovee

Robert SausageTrousers said:
Hi guys, can these be used with the Gen 1 997?

unfortunately not mate, the option I used was
https://www.nav.tv/products/porsche-pcm2-ipod-integration-por-ipod

you cant stream from spotify etc but you can leave an old ipod in the car or hook your phone up to stream your music library from your phone. the only way I found to stream spotify etc on my gen1 was to change the head unit to something like alpine etc. which gave me bluetooth, better maps , musuc streaming etc. but if you want to stay stock then really the only options I found were as above and then a navtv tooki for bluetooth phone intergration for calls only . these items are also available from other makes

https://www.nav.tv/products/porsche-pcm2-21-bluetooth-phone-kit-tookipor

Phil 997 said:
Geezer if you have spotify premium or similar you get all the music in the world ever straight from your phone into the 911 via bovee you need the bovee1000 . I have it and its great :thumb: you will need the Y cable one bit in the ipod port one in the usb port and the other in the bovee ,if you dont have the Y cable and only have the single ended cable the Y is under £30 from the OPC

Cheers for the recommendation Phil I will check Spotify out

:thumb:

why did you have to show me that site phil... it will cost me money again

systech1 said:
James M-S said:

...unless you use a small USB 2 Port Passive Hub which fits nicely in the rear console cubby along with the Bovee

I thought of this after I posted, ordered one on amazon, then found one in my drawer at work. Works a treat! :D

robbiej said:
why did you have to show me that site phil... it will cost me money again

Sorry Rob :grin: :grin: :grin: :thumb:
But before you go spending load of money mate, remember iPod unit trying to interface with an old bit of tech in the PCM2,1 so its does the job well but its not as fancy and flowing as you would get from a modern head unit. the bluetook tooki phone interface is fine , there are other versions available if you search like denison etc :thumb: unless you really really want to keep it stock you will get a better result from changing the head unit and fitting a matching fascia. theres apple carplay and mirrorlink stuff avail that really would give you modern tech in the car also some have built in amps which will assist the crap Porsche amp so improved quality as well. :grin: :thumb:

My Bovee arrvied today. I managed to connect the Bluetooth straight away however I do have an issue, unfortunately the sound is coming from only the left hand side my car. At first I thought the right hand side speakers stopped working. The sound balance didn't make a difference. I then pressed tuner to check the radio stations and all the speakers worked fine...

Has anyone else experienced this or is just me? If this is the best it's going to be I am going to send it back as I didn't have these issues when I manually had my iPhone plugged to the y cable etc.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back