Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My 964 experience..

hot66 said:
A lot of 964's have air-con. Mine blows lovely and cold when needed

From what I understand, most UK 964's came without Air Con? Big bonus I guess if I find one!

good excuse to buy a proper hand drive one then ( lhd) :wink: :thumbs:

The likely culprit for that leak is the intermediate shaft which has an small cover and O ring behind it. It sits directly under the crank. It means the engine support must be moved for access and the crank pulley must come off (special tool needed).
Another area prone to leak are the cam cover triangle gaskets mounted on the cam carriers. Not a smple job as the timing cam sprokets need to be removed and retimed on rebuild.

Cheers Guys,

Not been too active on the 964 of late. Did clean the area up and can't find the source as it's all hidden but I agree that it is likely the intermiediate shaft seal, not ideal but it's no way bad enough for me to worry yet, perhaps a winter job. I've been told that it is a rust prevention system, sounds good... :)

Not too much to report on, the car hasn't really moved in months. I bought a 1991 500SL which came with a plate that I'm going to transfer onto the 964 as it says 'C2' and is 5 digits so looks nice, I've also sourced some Millie Miglia Cup wheels in 964 spec so I plan to try those on.
I love the look of 964's on cup 1's but I do like the D90 and flag mirror combo, it's original to the car and you rarely see 964s on D90's as they're all on Mk2 Golfs as owners swapped to cups.. Let's see!

Temp trying on the plate
42579227091_4802142a3d_c.jpg

She's out of the garage!

Briefly...

I spent the majority of my Saturday cleaning the 964 up, properly fixing the new registration on with the view of taking it to Luftgekult the next day...

Unfortunately, upon waking up on the Sunday to the sound of heavy wind and rain smashing against my window, I decided against letting all my efforts go to waste on the 70 mile run up to Bicester and I'll save it for a nice evening run to the pub this week.

I was pretty gutted that I didn't take it but in the end, I'm glad I didn't as I didn't miss having to spend another day cleaning it.

The missus boxster did the job just fine and is allowed to get wet.

Some pics from the glorious Saturday sunshine! (Just bloody typical that it has to rain on sunday!)

43758279531_37ab837c9f_c.jpg

42854169315_a766b975b0_c.jpg

43758280321_15f61634da_c.jpg

43042277794_86e60f6b81_c.jpg

Was really nice to take it out Saturday, the thing does draw some attention, the red was blinding in direct sunlight.

Rain :dont know: I thought you had protected your car paint work with gtechniq crystal serum and exo, what ever that is :grin:
come on now get it out in the puddles. :thumb:

HAHA Valid point, I do wonder why I put all this protection on to not go in the rain but when it happened to only rain on the day I decided to use it, I just couldn't be arsed with the trouble of cleaning it again after.

Dry again now and it had a trip the pub last night and my office today :)

Been making the most of the dry days and it's been a pleasure to use this car.

Pub
28964294117_8a3e0b0a54_c.jpg

Out and about on Sunday - Came across a few aircooled cars over in Betchworth, 356, SC, 930 Turbo, 2 964's

43901092181_63d0887504_c.jpg

28964302747_64b4e343f0_c.jpg

43852721112_1181d0225c_c.jpg

43852724192_3f7665b352_c.jpg

Thinking about some spacers to fill the arches a touch.

D90's, ride height and colour are a winning combo on your 964. :bandit:

Spacers would definately be the way to go for a little more presence/stance...

C.

looks great :thumb:

Cheers guys,

I am loving it at the moment, it does need that final touch and I think the spacers are just the thing.

I was going to fit cups but as good as they look, every 964 in the world has them, I only counted 2 cars at LuftGb which had D90's so I am prety settled with keeping the originality and leaving the D90's on. Plus I'm not paying £500 for the cup mirrors to go with the wheels!

Mark here is a link to a chat about spacers on the 964 , i think they were 17 inch wheels ( mine are) http://www.911uk.com/viewtopic.php?p=969387
I think the wheels you have are fine too , they have grown on me over the years and with the shims and spacers to pull them out a little will really improve the look and for just a little dosh :thumb:

Cheers!

I was wondering what is the widest I can go before needing longer studs or bolt ons. I have some 6mm's knocking around so I'm going to try those and go from there, I don't think 6mm will be enough but it's a starting point.

MarkGolf said:
Cheers!

I was wondering what is the widest I can go before needing longer studs or bolt ons. I have some 6mm's knocking around so I'm going to try those and go from there, I don't think 6mm will be enough but it's a starting point.

I have 15 mm bolt on spacers "back" and 6mm shims front .
The back wheels still sit within the arch so dont look to wide .

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back