Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Window tint removal!

35% tint on factory glass will result in about 55% light transmission.

deMort said:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/tinted-windows-information

EDIT ..

I would like to add that as a biker that had a women pull out into me with clear windows that i would prefer it to be 0 %.
Tinted glass isn't the problem to be fair. The size of door mirrors and A Pillars are a much greater problem. I previously owned a 2010 Touareg. Great car except for the 3 following issues
1. Tyre wear
2. Fuel consumption
3. I could lose an S Class Merc behind the mirror/A pillar if the angles were correct.

Tinted glass( to a point) has a number of benefits. Keeping eye strain minimal on long summer days both here and on the continent. Keeping car cool. Minimizing both UV A/B exposure.
I don't buy the police line of we need to see who we are dealing with. That's great, but what about the 3 guys in the back of the RS6 all carrying shotguns, but can't be seen because of the legal limo tint.

Phil 997 said:
antonio said:
Phil 997 said:
I love tinted windows , its only in the UK for some reason we like to be goldfish in a bowl , I have a light tint on all my windows except the windscreen , it not only looks nice it helps keep me cool and protects in interior :thumb: :thumb: had the same light tint on the gen1 all round except windscreen , never had any issues about it ,I think its only if you go gangsta on the front door glass that they get upset and pull you :thumb:

What % tint is that Phil?

I went with 35% Antonio 50% would be fine if you just wanted a very light tint but when I held both up against the car for me the 35% worked best :thumb:

Thanks, looks good

Tints off and I love it even more! It just looks right (to my eye) - very pleased with the end result. Will get a pic up when I get a decent backdrop!!

I'm not a fan of the dark tints (called 'privacy' elsewhere) as you often can't see the driver properly ... As stated above, it ruins the lines. Estates in particular tend to look like vans. Maybe fast vans but vans nonetheless.

If you're worried about light ingress, you can wear sunglasses and fit the UV protection.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barrywhite
Back