Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 prices at the moment.

kas750

Zandvoort
Prices seem to be easing back to sensible levels from what I can see.
I know of a black with black 58k low owner manual C4s that is available for 21k.
Overall I would say that is a good thing as these are the starter 911.

kas750 said:
Prices seem to be easing back to sensible levels from what I can see.
I know of a black with black 58k low owner manual C4s that is available for 21k.
Overall I would say that is a good thing as these are the starter 911.

C4S isn´t a starter :dont know:

C2 maybe :?:

:thumb:

Yes you are correct about the C2.I really should of previewed my original post!
My point was that the 996 generally is the starter 911 and that example of a C4s is evidence of the prices for a 996 drawing back a little. :thumbs:

Prices in general on the 996 are all over the place at the moment.. I'm very puzzled by them.... for 21k you buy anything from the example you mentioned in your original post to aero kitted C2's...There is even a few high mileage C4S for 17k and a few week's ago a Cat D or C black C4S for £25k

The Op will probably be snapped up by a dealer and receive a instant price hike :dont know:

I'm keeping an eye on prices as I'm seriously contemplating selling, but there really is no obvious 'correct' price.

When I do come to sell, I just want it done asap so will probably just try and find a number i'm happy with. My C4S 'owes' me nearly £30k with all of the maintenance work i've done (not including the full engine rebuild), but I know I won't recoup that.

Who's to say what a fair price is?

My c4s is has been for sale for a month or two and has had a bit of interest but not sold yet - not sure if I'm allowed to post a link to it on ph, but is a basalt black tip with 98k, an engine rebuild w new bores on one bank and 997 ims, fully stamped history/high spec/condition but 11 pvs owners. I've had it on for £19,950 and had 2 viewings over the past month or so, one a tyre kicker, the other a chap with a 718 and a 991 who was a pleasure to meet, loved the car (esp the dansk exhaust note!) but ultimately decided he really shouldn't buy another. At least with both people they seemed to like the car and I felt that if they were to actually buy one, they'd have bought mine. I've had many people chancing it on ebay offering £17-£17,5k which I suppose gives some idea that it's more or less probably priced correctly. I've just relisted it at £19,5k last night, will see how it goes.

Tim_s said:
My c4s is has been for sale for a month or two and has had a bit of interest but not sold yet - not sure if I'm allowed to post a link to it on ph, but is a basalt black tip with 98k, an engine rebuild w new bores on one bank and 997 ims, fully stamped history/high spec/condition but 11 pvs owners. I've had it on for £19,950 and had 2 viewings over the past month or so, one a tyre kicker, the other a chap with a 718 and a 991 who was a pleasure to meet, loved the car (esp the dansk exhaust note!) but ultimately decided he really shouldn't buy another. At least with both people they seemed to like the car and I felt that if they were to actually buy one, they'd have bought mine. I've had many people chancing it on ebay offering £17-£17,5k which I suppose gives some idea that it's more or less probably priced correctly. I've just relisted it at £19,5k last night, will see how it goes.

Please, no disrespect but with the miles I would expect to pay similar to what you were offered previously so perhaps there is a good indication right there.

As others have already said though, prices are all over the place.

I am convinced there are many which are over-priced on the basis that values will eventually catch up.

C4-STORM said:
Please, no disrespect but with the miles I would expect to pay similar to what you were offered previously so perhaps there is a good indication right there.

I am convinced there are many which are over-priced on the basis that values will eventually catch up.
None taken - I wouldn't have posted if I weren't prepared for peoples' opinions. As you say prices are all over place, I looked at the market and priced it accordingly, the cheapest car on ph at the moment is at £18k with 134k miles on it with no mention of history etc but there do appear to be some reasonable cars at £19k, so I think it's priced at the cheaper end of the market and I guess it depends on what value you put on having a rebuild and on service history/condition - all what drew me to this car in the first place!
Tim

Tim_s said:
C4-STORM said:

None taken - I wouldn't have posted if I weren't prepared for peoples' opinions. As you say prices are all over place, I looked at the market and priced it accordingly, the cheapest car on ph at the moment is at £18k with 134k miles on it with no mention of history etc but there do appear to be some reasonable cars at £19k, so I think it's priced at the cheaper end of the market and I guess it depends on what value you put on having a rebuild and on service history/condition - all what drew me to this car in the first place!
Tim

Hi mate. Yep understood.

I think if you sit tight you will probably get close to what you need.

It's a funny thing with prices. The so called appreciating marque means there will always be chancers who are in no rush too sell. However those that are monitoring what is out there for sale just see the same cars not moving. There has been a C4S on eBay priced at £28k from memory which has just sat there for over a year! I remember seeing it advertised when I bought mine.

I hope prices strengthen then we shall all be okay :thumb:

My 2 cents:

I've lamented the lack of what I consider to be decent cars on another thread (after having done 3 PPIs on cars I wanted to buy) and agree that prices are all over the place.

In relation to the car mentioned earlier, I had a look at a 3 owner tiptronic C4S with just over 50k on the clock and I ended up settling on a price of 20k. It wasn't a bad car at all, but after much internal conflict I decided I didn't want a tiptronic so I had to let it go.

It still stayed online around for several months and I'm not sure whether it sold. In retrospect I probably just should have bought it.

What I find interesting is that so many ads say the car for sale is an 'appreciating asset'. So why are you selling it then?

:?:

I get the impression the 996 is not a 'proper' classic yet in many people's minds and there's still much head scratching as to how the market will treat the 'first of the water-cooled'.

The number of articles/posts about how much of a bargain the 996 is doesn't help push prices up either (and can lead to cars being run on a budget).

There were 175,000 996s built world-wide, so shortage of supply will take a while.

Jackzi said:
........ The number of articles/posts about how much of a bargain the 996 is doesn't help push prices up either .....

They did in 2013 when you could pick an early one up for £8k and could even get a mint 4S for c£16k. :grin:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DD77
Back