Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cayman S/GTS - 981

Junky said:
Are you guys talking about with PSE?

Yup, I have an annoying drone at light throttle at 2krpm (which is where the PDK seems to be a lot of the time under normal driving conditions.) It's worse on the motorway as 2krpm in 7th is around 70-80mph. Sometimes I just put it in manual and drop down to 6th (which is then 3krpm) and the drone disappears. This is in normal mode, not sport and with PSE off. The exhaust sounds amazing everywhere else, just not at normal PDK cruising speed rev ranges. A quick google of other Porsche forums and it seems this is pretty common on Cayman PDK GTS cars. I think manual cars don't suffer as much as they tend to cruise at higher rev ranges due to only having 6 gears.

Well....

looks like I am back in the fold

Boxster S with all the toys!

I forgot!

:useless:

Attachments

• boxster_121.jpg
    boxster_121.jpg
    212.7 KB · Views: 3,081
Lovely, those wheel are very classy, finishes it off beautifully :thumbs:

Thanks - looking forward to picking it up once the ££ clear

looks great. which toys precisely? :)

jonttt said:
krispe said:
I have a Cayman GTS PDk :mrgreen:

I also have a 997.1S which I have had for 4 years and loved. However it will be up for sale when I finally get it back from Hartech... Whilst it was there I fell in love with a bright yellow GTS and bought it...Only had it for just over a month but love it 8)

Another convert :thumb: ...... the 981 GTS is and will be regarded as one of the best sports cars ever built :) ......... especially given the Evo review of the 718 GTS just out (see my boxster journal for reference).

In a world first I agree with Jon, its an absolute cracker, in every way. A friend from work is coming to the September meet in his blue Cayman GTS, to say he's impressed with it is an understatement.

So OP GTS YKIMS....

Toys...

Sports chrono
PSE
PASM
Paddles
20" wheels
heated seats
wind deflector

2016 reg

with 4K on the clock

excellent. just looking at your current cars - we could be twins, except our eldest's Polo is a 2007 car :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back