Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Buying 996 turbo on Autotrader

T8 said:
It's interesting to note that the advertised mileage on the car is 53k.

The only UK MOT that it's had was 10 months ago when the mileage was 30,006.

The above could be a good thing but I'd want a long chat with the seller and a view of some history before shelling out what must be top money for a LHD car.

They said they made a mistake in converting from km to miles on MOT.

Zrozze said:
T8 said:
It's interesting to note that the advertised mileage on the car is 53k.

The only UK MOT that it's had was 10 months ago when the mileage was 30,006.

The above could be a good thing but I'd want a long chat with the seller and a view of some history before shelling out what must be top money for a LHD car.

They said they made a mistake in converting from km to miles on MOT.

That sounds believable. The history matches up to the cars current mileage and shows its been in regular use.

Is there anyone from the forum members who can see the car? I live near Cheltenham, which is why I will be able to see car next week. I have no idea what to look for ? Owner lives at this address GB Silvertown, Nr Excel Centre.

Which company in London should I choose to do PPI?

Zrozze said:
I have no idea what to look for ? Owner lives at this address GB Silvertown, Nr Excel Centre.

As it had a service recently at Elite in Dartford it might be worth giving them a call. They might tell you something more about the car.
If they're not prepared to it might be worth just asking for a simple yes or no as to whether it would be worth your while travelling such a long way to see it.

NB: I edited your post to remove the postcode of the owner and replaced it with the location.

T8 said:
Zrozze said:
I have no idea what to look for ? Owner lives at this address GB Silvertown, Nr Excel Centre.

As it had a service recently at Elite in Dartford it might be worth giving them a call. They might tell you something more about the car.
If they're not prepared to it might be worth just asking for a simple yes or no as to whether it would be worth your while travelling such a long way to see it.

NB: I edited your post to remove the postcode of the owner and replaced it with the location.

Thank you.

The sticker in the front of the service book shows code XAF which is the turbo aero kit. The front spoiler in the pics is a standard turbo spoiler albeit painted, they are usually unpainted black plastic.

It's hard to tell if the rear spoiler is the aero kit one or standard. Do you have a pic of the rear?ignore just looked at the link and the rear spoiler is standard too, which prompts the question where has the aero kit gone?

By the way the aero kit front spoiler is around £650 + painting which is why they often get changed to the much cheaper standard one!

Guys do you think whether the car is valued correctly ? I'm going to see him on Sunday.

Mac996t said:
The sticker in the front of the service book shows code XAF which is the turbo aero kit. The front spoiler in the pics is a standard turbo spoiler albeit painted, they are usually unpainted black plastic.

It's hard to tell if the rear spoiler is the aero kit one or standard. Do you have a pic of the rear?ignore just looked at the link and the rear spoiler is standard too, which prompts the question where has the aero kit gone?

By the way the aero kit front spoiler is around £650 + painting which is why they often get changed to the much cheaper standard one!

Thanks.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DD77
Back