Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

wanted Pr of used RSS semi solid engine mounts for 997

Phil 997

Le Mans
As above I am looking for a set of RSS semi solid engine mounts to try as I want to make comparisons between the Rennline adjustable and the Function First semi semi solid mounts both of which I have tried albiet the FF ones not properly due to a fault with the car and needed to revert to stock for a period.The rennline I had on my gen 1 for 3 years . but I have never tried the RSS so am hoping someone has a used set they dont need and would like to sell. :thumb: :thumb:

Thefinn said:
Have I talked the king of mods into one, that must be a first :floor:

:floor: :floor: :floor: yes mate it was your thread that finally made me think actually what I want is a set of used ones that have settled in a bit for the gen2 to miniminse any when new NVH . :thumb: makes a change to be able to blame someone else for making me spend my money on mods :floor: :floor: :floor:

Phil 997 said:
Thefinn said:

:floor: :floor: :floor: yes mate it was your thread that finally made me think actually what I want is a set of used ones that have settled in a bit for the gen2 to miniminse any when new NVH . :thumb: makes a change to be able to blame someone else for making me spend my money on mods :floor: :floor: :floor:

Don't worry reading reading you Fabspeed thread has made me decide that i want now after looking at them for the last 4 years thinking should I shouldn't I so you have got me back already.

Thefinn said:
Phil 997 said:
Thefinn said:

Don't worry reading reading you Fabspeed thread has made me decide that i want now after looking at them for the last 4 years thinking should I shouldn't I so you have got me back already.

:grin: :grin: you will need a remap mate fitting the duel cone fabspeed :thumb: and I am waiting to hear about the O2 thing you and John have been working on. :grin: :thumb:

Is the thinking that the engine mounts caused your gearbox issue?

Phil 997 said:
Thefinn said:
Phil 997 said:
Thefinn said:

:grin: :grin: you will need a remap mate fitting the duel cone
fabspeed :thumb: and I am waiting to hear about the O2 thing you and John have been working on. :grin: :thumb:

The map was on the list anyway so no issue with that, I am looking for a gen 2 deck lid though with the two cut outs and air scoops in Atlsa Grey so it might be quite a wait rather than cutting up mine. There is one on eBay in white but then I will need paint and badges so the cost for that as well would make it close to a 2k mod which is a bit much.

John is on that and made some progress so you should hear an update soon.

Used is a good shout.

There is a noticeable NVH increase. It is very similar to stock when cruising or idling.

However decelerating from high revs you definitely feel it. For me personally it is a very good feeling and I welcome the extra NVH as it adds to the drama and sense of occasion however if you are looking for a more refined ride then they may be a bit too much.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PC Saros
Back