Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

911uk discount at Top Gear exhaust, Bridport for GROUP BUY

agreed top bloke , top product and I am sure top service if you want fitting or ever had any issues

my garage commented on the sheer quality of the product and the welding. ''looks like it would survive a nuclear holocaust'

compared to the Dansk shite that was on mine before this stuff is awesome

lighter too and makes a great note with the 200 CELL cats. my car feels like it has come alive after 4k rpm and pulls like a train to the red line.

Thanks all. Still catching up on some PM's today apologies if I miss anything. Aiming to clear my inbox again by this evening.

We don't sell anything specifically to reduce noise by some decibels i'm afraid, we just haven't classically catered for many track day customers. Might be something we need to look into. In theory one of our custom build centres could quote to cut open the silencer, add some extra wadding or E-Glass to quieten it or even potentially add a bit of chambering.

A quick note on pricing today - I was asked to price match Design911's valved silencers and 200 cell catalytic converters at £1,200 (our price is £1,480 for the equivalent parts). This is probably the 10th time this year i've been told Design911 are more competitive than us. I initially took this on good faith that they had reduced their pricing but this morning found a bit of time to look in detail. After actually getting the VAT added to the price at checkout (I find this misleading to advertise the main prices ex. VAT with no stipulation that it is so) and then being upsold the fitting kits which we provide FOC, the actual comparison even after my recent small price increases was £1,480 inc. by TG and £1,626.40 by Design911. I don't say this to be incendiary, they are a great company with good customer service and we do enjoy some back and forth business between us, but i'd appreciate people not asking me to price match, unless they are asking me to raise my price to match theirs. In fairness their fitting kit is more comprehensive than ours.

Final note just to clarify, no plans in the works for another group buy the earliest I would consider it is late 2018 (November onwards) as I have made some promises to my European customers.

Hi Alex,

You have a PM. :thumbs:

Thanks for the update Alex, I will bear in mind the late 2018 for the next group buy as I get asked that question a lot. :thumb: :thumb:

Thanks Alex,
Can I book in for early November, as I need a complete system for the next MOT (due 11th November). You'd run out of stock last time :D

Well, had a 130 mile each way trip to sunny Dorset on Thursday for TG to fit 200cell cats, valved boxes, and new lambdas, to replace my leaky old PSE. Great team, product, and service, and well worth the visit to their HQ.
Not sure quite how knackered my PSE was or if the valves were working or not, but the difference is astounding. The guys connected it to the existing switch, so it is now always loud unless I press the button. And LOUD it is! It sounds brutal under any level of acceleration, and hit 5k and she screams... kept it on loud all the way home, but on the M5 cruising at 70ish in 6th, it is not intrusive or droning, then give it a bit of gas and the low pitch roar is addictive. Switch to quiet mode really does cuts down the noise by a significant amount but still sounds nice - great for not annoying the neighbours too much.
Overall, very pleased with the set up and the service that I received from TopGear.
Many thanks to Alex for the group buy discount, it makes it an even sweeter purchase.

great review Tim :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

That's probably not clear....
Cats are the same configuration as standard, so they cross over each other. Hence the one on the left exits on the right and vice-versa.

Anyone here running a 987.1 3.2 with 200 cell cat manifolds and a valvetronic exhaust from Topgear? Thoughts on noise with valves open and closed, any noticeable power gains?

alex friend of mine just got a 997.1 3.6 and after some mild sports mufflers if you have some in stock and anything you can do discount wise?

PM on its way. nick

New Exhaust System Needed

hi all, have been keeping an eye on this thread as I knew I was going to need a new system for my 996 C4 tip. Car is relatively new to me but it's had a few issues. The time has come, as the engine is now out, to invest in a new headers back system. I saw the TG system when I was looking for a Dansk replacement but the positivity for TG really has convinced me to go after one.
Current set up is stock and I like the sound but would like a little more. I suspect the full sports set up might be too much for a daily driver so was planning on manifolds, 200 cell sports cats (not x) and mild sports silencer.
Any opinion on how close to stock sound this is? Too quiet, just right? I know, personal taste but it's daily driven so want something nice but not too loud.
Thanks from first time poster.
G

Re: New Exhaust System Needed

gordyhutt said:
G

:welcome:

Go big or go home :grin:

Say :bye: in the Newbie area :thumb:

Re: New Exhaust System Needed

gordyhutt said:
Current set up is stock and I like the sound but would like a little more. I suspect the full sports set up might be too much for a daily driver so was planning on manifolds, 200 cell sports cats (not x) and mild sports silencer.
Any opinion on how close to stock sound this is? Too quiet, just right? I know, personal taste but it's daily driven so want something nice but not too loud.
G

Why not get the valved silencer's then you can turn the noise up or down when required.

Mike

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back