Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Classic line insurance

footman james for me 240 fullycomp 4k a year miles. :thumb:

Re: Classic Line Experience

MarkFoster said:
I used Classic Line for a couple of years on my SC until it was destroyed by an engine fire(!). Be aware that, as a broker, they deal with the setting up and processing of your policy but if you need to make a claim, they take a step back and pass you onto the actual Insurance company; which in my case was ERS.

ERS weren't too bad, although they do have the usual number of rude call centre jobsworths you have to fight through. My settlement was less than I wanted, but that was partly my fault for not keeping up to speed with market values, and they didn't fully comply with all of the clauses in the policy but this was somewhat interpretive. In the end I decided to cut my losses and agreed to their offer as I was keen to move on and get into a replacement car.

I now use Locktons through the PCGB scheme which I have to say is excellent, although not the cheapest quote you can find. As with much in life, going for the cheapest option is not always the best course of action long term....

HTH

MF.

:floor:

Loads of post´s claiming they are great due to agreed value :grin:

I am sure that all of them are until you need to claim :nooo:

:bandit:

Just renewed with classic line again for the 3 consecutive year and been with them previously too.

Good rates and very efficient with documentation and changes etc.
Plus I like the peace of mind of Euro breakdown cover when on road trips.

Recommended :thumbs:

Any other suggestions here?

Trying to insure my Boxster - second car - hitting NCD issues with other insurers - best price I can get at present is £650 from Classic Line - 2016 car - about 5K miles a year

Thanks

Mike

Ended up with A Plan - came in at under £500 with breakdown included

I have to say dealing with Classicline has been refreshing , good communication and attitude. As someone said above the proof of the pudding will be IF I have to make a claim, hopefully an experience I won't have to experience!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back