Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Bushes

roboxm3

Morning all,

Been lurking for a while and reading many of the 986 Boxster and 996 owner threads which have been very useful and inspiring.

I've had my 986 S for a couple of months now and there's a few bits on the to-do list that need seeing to inc. new front springs, front bumper repair / paint and a wheel refurb.

The springs should be with me in a day or so and I'll be getting a trusted local mechanic to do those and while he's in there I was debating whether or not to get him to replace some perishables.

The car's a 2004, one owner car with 36k but there are no receipts for any suspension work and at getting on for 15yrs old, I imagine the rubbers will certainly have seen better days.

I came across the below company / parts in my search for bushes as opposed to replacing complete components and wondered if anyone here had any experience with them or poly bushing generally as opposed to OE rubber: -

http://www.polybush.co.uk/shop/porsche/boxster

The rest of the suspension will remain OE and will hopefully be fit for a good few more miles once the front springs are sorted.

Thanks in advance for any guidance :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back