Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 early C2 - Ownership/project thread (cobalt blue)

Standard 18" twists are 11.3kg & 14.1kg. These are 8.1kg & 8.8kg.

I've done a search and no bad news stories on the manufacturer.

Also considering Fuchs with silver leafs - would have bought yours if I'd spotted them before they sold, and Victor Innsbrucks (but would prefer something with a lip).

I don't mind the team dynamics... pretty similar to OZ's, but around half the price... which is important given I have the suspension to do as well as some bits of bodywork and also the AC.

So pretty much the same as I have to do then :lol:

Those Kerscher Fuchs were about same weigh as std wheels, genuine Fuchs are the light ones are there forged. The OZ's were noticeably lightest Ive had. That light for a 10in rear for sure. Im pretty sure the OZ's I had were just under 10kg.

Look back through my thread as you will see the OZ's fitted and they were 10in et40. The Kerscher Fuchs were et45 IIRC.

I think if you want a dish most are going to be quite heavy. If the specs work no harm in trying them for sure. Good to try something different.

Sounds like we are in the same boat :grin:

Wheelbase have already come back to me to check a few things... I'll see what they say. I've also posted on Rennlist as a lot of Americans run after market wheels. Just don't want to go through the hassle of ordering them, getting the tyres switched, only to find they rub.

Thoughts are turning to some aero additions now. Always felt the front bumper was lacking something and I have to admit the ride height is fine for me however visually Id like to lower the car.
Therefore starting looking at aero front bumper which I like however I don't believe they work without side skirts. Issue is I don't particularly like the Mk1 side skirts, the rear section just seems too deep to me so that leaves aftermarket (which I wouldn't do) or Mk2. Mk2 are a lot cleaner IMO so Im looking into how that would all tie in together.

Basically a Mk1 front aero bumper, Mk2 (replica) side skirts with standard rear bumper and ducktail. Pretty much the same as the RPM C2 but with Mk2 side skirts. I'll most likely be getting arches done over the winter and fromt bumper needs painting anyway so could get it all done and fitted at the same time.

Any thoughts on this or anyone tried the same combo?

Attachments

• 996csr_top_image_v2_891.jpg
    996csr_top_image_v2_891.jpg
    182.4 KB · Views: 2,735
  • rolling_shotc_209.jpg
    rolling_shotc_209.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 2,732
That's the way I'd like to go, but can't justify the cost.

The CSR is a very good looking thing!

Stotty said:
That's the way I'd like to go, but can't justify the cost.

The CSR is a very good looking thing!

:agree:

Get that centre exhaust that they have on it too :grin:

:thumb:

My 996 is currently with RPM getting CSR'd. I've gone for a a MK1 aero bumper and ducktail without side skirts as i don't like the MK1 side skirts either. They just look too chunky and 'stuck on' (which I suppose they are).

I'm not sure if it's going to work without the side skirts so I'd love to see a car with a MK1 aero front bumper and the MK2 side skirts to see if that's an option.

I'd be a little bit wary mixing the mk1 aero parts with the mk2 - you'll notice that the surfacing on the mk1 aero bits is very organic and 'voluptuous' whereas the mk2 parts are a lot sharper and crisper. I suspect they may look a bit mismatched if fitted to the same car.

I agree though, 9 times out of 10, aftermarket stuff just looks dreadful

RankBajin said:
My 996 is currently with RPM getting CSR'd. I've gone for a a MK1 aero bumper and ducktail without side skirts as i don't like the MK1 side skirts either. They just look too chunky and 'stuck on' (which I suppose they are).

I'm not sure if it's going to work without the side skirts so I'd love to see a car with a MK1 aero front bumper and the MK2 side skirts to see if that's an option.

Will be interesting to see this. Are you getting the centre exit exhaust as well?

I was considering it but when I spoke with them a few weeks ago the parts weren't available yet. Before going ahead I'd want to know the weight versus a standard setup. The fitted price, with altered bumper was also pretty steep at £5k ish ( not sure if this is a new bumper or modification to the existing one).

I suppose if it's super light and provides a bit more power ( it's cats and boxes) it might be worth it as it does look very good....

coullstar said:
Thoughts are turning to some aero additions now. Always felt the front bumper was lacking something and I have to admit the ride height is fine for me however visually Id like to lower the car.
Therefore starting looking at aero front bumper which I like however I don't believe they work without side skirts. Issue is I don't particularly like the Mk1 side skirts, the rear section just seems too deep to me so that leaves aftermarket (which I wouldn't do) or Mk2. Mk2 are a lot cleaner IMO so Im looking into how that would all tie in together.

Basically a Mk1 front aero bumper, Mk2 (replica) side skirts with standard rear bumper and ducktail. Pretty much the same as the RPM C2 but with Mk2 side skirts. I'll most likely be getting arches done over the winter and fromt bumper needs painting anyway so could get it all done and fitted at the same time.

Any thoughts on this or anyone tried the same combo?

oh, from one slippery slope to the next.........
- you're going to start waking in the night stressing about aero options :lol:

For my 10p: the MK.1 aero front end with Mk.2 aero side skirts has been done a lot... looks ok..... but if you know what you're looking at, you know exactly what it is and you know it doesnt flow together perfectly....

CSR did the "correct" thing in keeping all Mk.1 - although I'm sure they dont love the side skirts

I'd be tempted to go the other way - Mk.2 side skirts paired with the bottom 3/4s of a Mk.2 front bumper "grafted" into the top 1/4 of a Mk.1 bumper

Do it!

(So I don't have to!) :floor:

oh - and still think dark grey on your wheels centres would set all of this off perfectly :thumb:

demon said:
I'd be tempted to go the other way - Mk.2 side skirts paired with the bottom 3/4s of a Mk.2 front bumper "grafted" into the top 1/4 of a Mk.1 bumper

Something like this?
Source: https://rennlist.com/forums/996-for...tall-mk2-lip-on-a-mk1-bumper.html#post2086160

55186d1114050224-supercup-lip-install-mk2-lip-on-a-mk1-bumper-porsche-wheels-2-002.jpg

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barrywhite
Back