Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Spare Key doing odd things. . . .help

louisiana95

Hi

I have 2 keys for my 997.1. One looks like the original (left on picture), and the other looks as though its a replacement (right on picture).

Both work fine in terms of, opening doors, switching off alarm, starting engine, locking doors etc, however the newer key always results in the warning message 'Route Guidance not active' on the Rev Counter LED display. As pictured.

I also notice that the newer key also fails to activate the passenger wing mirror to point downwards when I select reverse.

The original key displays the Radio Station, as expected, and does activate downward positioning of the passenger wing mirror when reverse selected, as expected.

Do I need to do something to the newer key?

Appreciate any help/pointers.

Cheers in advance

Mark

Attachments

• porsche_keys_673.jpg
    porsche_keys_673.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 938
  • porsche_clock_1_541.jpg
    porsche_clock_1_541.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 938
You probably have memory function and need to set up whilst using the second key. If they were the same, the function would be pointless.

My car has always said " Route Guidance Not Active"

Can this be changed?

Info on how to if possible please.

Update:
Hmmm, been outside fiddling, and for reasons I cannot explain, the passenger wing mirror is now moving downwards when reverse selected. Odd. Oh, and I've managed to remove the navigation message simply by changing the display. . . . I should have read the instructions !!

Also, just learnt that the memory settings for the seat are reflected into the key, its the first time I've used the spare, and I ended up pinned against the steering wheel.

Sorry for such newbie queries. . . . I do like discovering new things about these great cars Confused

All ill add is various options are coded to the key .. memory seats , mirror dipping etc so it has to be done with each key to set it.

The black one is the latest version and is more durable than the silver one which is original to the car.

With a tester you can code things like door lock on drive off or ignition on , comfort open/closeing and they can be different for each key.

The reason is for x2 drivers .. the wife will have diff seat positions and preferences so each key will be set for the driver with that key .

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back