Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Creaking noise on undulating roads?

MarkC4S

Spa-Francorchamps
Recently noticed a creaking noise on undulating country lanes, not apparent on normal A & B roads. Noise seems to emanate from behind. Sounds to me like a chassis bush or possibly engine mount rather than suspension unit.

It is not triggered by poor surfaces, but frequent small undulations and I think it is under compression that the noise occurs.

Just asking on the off chance that anybody might have experienced this or indeed if it is a common issue?

Possibly your top mounts on front suspension are wearing. I swore blind the noise was coming from somewhere near the rear nearside wheel arch on mine but was proved wrong.

Thanks for the suggestion. I have just had a new OSF top mount fitted by OPC so I hope its not that.

Reading your post reminded me that I hadn't updated my similar one from last year with a conclusion.

See => Creaking from the rear

They have plenty of suspension parts that cause noise. If you plan to do the work yourself then get some wireless chassis ears and diagnose. Otherwise find a decent Indy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back