Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Is the 991 gt3 bubble about to burst?

Mr02ard

Being keen on the 991 gt3 and keeping an eye on prices, I've noticed at present there are quite a few for sale...gen 1 and 2. Many for sale for quite some time. Prices have come down and also have heard of opc giving good discounts on used stock as they aren't moving fast.

What are people's thoughts on where they will sit? I thought they were quite rare, on autotrader currently 991 gt3 outweighs 991 turbo s ?

Cheers aaron

Personally i dont think they are all that rare.
I think that plenty of them were only bought by speculators & people are trying to shift them at artificially inflated prices. The result being what you now see, prices slowly coming down to more realistic prices as they have been on the market for a while & people are realising that they aren't selling.
Opc's dont help by driving the prices up & assuring people that they cant loose...

Hopefully they will eventually depreciate to the point where the people who will actually drive them can afford them 😉

The whole GT market seems to have softened somewhat. My dream porsche car is a 997.2 GT3RS(should have bought it before the bubble :nooo: ) seems to be heading to the £150k mark when they were at £180k previously.
The only cars seeming to be unaffected are 997 GT3 cars. Haven't seen much movement in those.
But the RS has to compete with a 458 and that's a too hard question for me.
:sad:

Gt3

Yeah I think the market seems saturated for sure- I think I'd certainly be careful about buying one. Even 991.1 gt3rs are hitting the 160k mark now..wasn't long ago they were fetching 250k.

I thinking they're finally starting to settle to where they should be, esp given the original rrp

Re: Gt3

Mr02ard said:
Yeah I think the market seems saturated for sure- I think I'd certainly be careful about buying one. Even 991.1 gt3rs are hitting the 160k mark now..wasn't long ago they were fetching 250k.

I thinking they're finally starting to settle to where they should be, esp given the original rrp

Really, could you point me in the direction of one of those please at £160k?

m119cars said:
Mr02ard said:

Opc Leeds have one at £169k atm, cheapest rhd available.

Unless you have a Porsche warranty you really don't want to be buying into a 991GT3

Lots more cars than usual demand used to support, lots of cars on the market at very low mileage = more Cars than people who wanted to drive them and eventually will want the money out. The next phase of the game is who needs their money out the quickest.

At least there are going to be a lot of low mileage cars available, the question is when it's at a price that people will actually buy in at. For me that's 16 months out, ie next year plus the delay till November when I think prices are usually lower. Just my view and I may be wildly wrong, but that is when I will likely buy a GT car if they are circa 90k. Til then i'll Enjoy what I have without issue. Others will think I'm mad with this prediction given current pricing, but current pricing is not realistic so I've bookmarked this thread just in case.

kas750 said:
Unless you have a Porsche warranty you really don't want to be buying into a 991GT3

Why not?

Porsche have warranted the engines on these cars for 10years unless I'm mistaken.

m119cars said:
Mr02ard said:

A large selection available at around £170k, which possibly could be bought for £160k after negotiation.

£155k for LHD
https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classi...&radius=1500&aggregatedTrim=991 GT3 RS&page=1

£168k for RHD at OPC
https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classi...rt=sponsored&aggregatedTrim=991 GT3 RS&page=1

£178k for RHD at OPC
https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classi...rt=sponsored&aggregatedTrim=991 GT3 RS&page=1

FZP said:
The whole GT market seems to have softened somewhat. My dream porsche car is a 997.2 GT3RS(should have bought it before the bubble :nooo: ) seems to be heading to the £150k mark when they were at £180k previously.
The only cars seeming to be unaffected are 997 GT3 cars. Haven't seen much movement in those.

Back in 2013 997.2 GT3 RS were being marketed at £75k - £85k

Currently all OPCs have a large selection of used 991.2 GT3, which were predominantly bought back from the original owners for list price after they were allocated a 991.2 GT3 RS.

Majority of these were initially offered for sale at £190k - £195k however with the current surplus of cars they have now softened to around £165k ish, with a large number of GT3s at OPC not being advertised or displayed in fear of having a further downward pressure on prices as they struggle to find buyers.

A friend was recently offered over book price for his GT4 and £10k off a keenly priced 991.2 GT3 at an OPC.

Hopefully we may be heading back to a suppressed market place where GT3 can be had for £75k etc.

Let the good times roll.

Bikeracer1098 said:
FZP said:

Back in 2013 997.2 GT3 RS were being marketed at £75k - £85k
:sad: :sad: :sad:
I walked from a 997.1 GT3RS at £67k with 15k miles... :sad:

G2 said:
Lots more cars than usual demand used to support, lots of cars on the market at very low mileage = more Cars than people who wanted to drive them and eventually will want the money out. The next phase of the game is who needs their money out the quickest.

At least there are going to be a lot of low mileage cars available, the question is when it's at a price that people will actually buy in at. For me that's 16 months out, ie next year plus the delay till November when I think prices are usually lower. Just my view and I may be wildly wrong, but that is when I will likely buy a GT car if they are circa 90k. Til then i'll Enjoy what I have without issue. Others will think I'm mad with this prediction given current pricing, but current pricing is not realistic so I've bookmarked this thread just in case.

My thoughts are similar to yours- i think we will see 991.1 gt3 around the 90k ish mark, with good 997.2 gt3 cars fetching more possibly.
At that price point I think I'll be in the market for one. Time will tell.

I don't pay much attention to the market these days as things have long since runaway out of my 'upgrade' budget. The only car I would upgrade to is a 7.2 RS, but I didn't do it when they were 80/85k (as observed above), and thus missed the boat years ago. I'd consider a 991.2 manual GT3, but my preference would be for the last manual RS. I've never really taken to the 991 platform personally (too big and complex compared to my car), so there's no impetus for me to change to a 991

Something that happened recently though that made me think things have changed / are changing is that I got a marketing email from an OPC maybe a month or 2 ago, saying how many fantastic GT3's they have in stock and if I'd be interested is coming down to discuss a deal. That wouldn't have happened not so long ago... so my thoughts are now's not the time to buy one of these newer GT3's unless you really must have one right now. The usual seasonal low price point for these cars is winter, so for there to be so many available at discount at peak summer season is not an indication of a sellers market

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back