Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 to 997 turbo

911MDN

Evening all!

After a lot of consideration I think I'm going to finally take the plunge and sell my beloved 996 for a 997 turbo. I have to sell my other 2 pride and joys to help fund the move, but I think it's the right call as having 3 cars is just unreasonable!!

I know there are a few of you who have made the same move, so just wondered if you would mind sharing your experience and or advice.

Thank in advance!

Gino

Hi Gino,

I went from a 996T to a 997T and have never regretted it.

See => 996T to 997T

Before my 996T I had a 996C4 and that was a really big step up.

Do it, you won't regret it. :thumbs:

Thank you! I will settle down with a cuppa and have a nice read.

I had use of a 996 MY02 3.6 6MT for nearly a decade. I bought my own 911, a 997.1 TT MY08 Cab 6MT last year. The main differences will be obvious to most but these are the things that I personally felt. The 997 TT feels a lot bigger inside, is a lot faster. Sometimes it feels too fast to control on public roads. The power is not linear like a normally aspirated car and sometimes feels all or nothing. Options are important like adaptive seats and the sports buttton (I retrospectively fitted mine at an OPC along with a short shifter). The 997 handling is a big improvement as is the interior quality. The TT is a head turner and I get comments. It's mostly in storage and sometimes I think a GT3 with a normally aspirated engine and a more playful chassis might have been a better choice for my limited use. The TT is a childhood poster car and a dream realised. Don't get me wrong it's a stunning and complete car, it's also quite a special and expensive car which means less normal use and loads of pampering coupled with more worry about residuals. Hope this helps. I'm in Swindon and you are more than welcome to look at mine if it would help.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back