Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Time for some spannering

Creationblue

Hi

I've been a member for a year or so and an avid reader but nothing much in the posting dept for that I apologise.

I've owned my '99 C2 Cab for around 18months and it gets used very rarely due to mainly time restraints, but seeing as the weather has been great lately I've blown the dust off and got my wife to use it as the daily, whilst I have been traveling the 17miles miles or so to Bath a few times a week in it.

It's pretty much up together, I put a full exhaust on it last year which now sounds great, it needs discs as they have corroded slightly on the insides, and I did notice whilst having an mot last year that the off-side rad had a very small leak, radweld was the cure for that.

So what with the temperature being in the late 20s this week I've been keeping a keen eye on the temp guage and noticed that the off-side fan isn't working, so what with the aforementioned leak I feel it's time I got to know my Porsche a little bit better.

Now when the engine is cold and air con switched on only one fan works so I'm thinking it's more than likely the fan and maybe the resistor will need replacing and whilst I'm at it I'll replace the rads too.

Question is where to get the rads, and if I need fans what's the options? I want to avoid dealer prices but want quality too

Thanks for reading

I love a post with a pic so here is my family :thumb:

Attachments

• 94abea48_941c_459e_a8b1_905a72bb9ebc_756.jpeg
    94abea48_941c_459e_a8b1_905a72bb9ebc_756.jpeg
    430.7 KB · Views: 1,877
Not sure where is best for the reds, it will almost certainly be the resistor not the fan though, so check that first.

When I did the rads on my C2 it turned in to doing the carriers as they were rotten, hoses as a 'whilst you are in there', condensers and fitting mesh on the bumper. Not hard job, just take a a bit of time.

MC

Yes, maybe before I strip the front end I should bypass the resistor and see if I get any life out of the fan, good point :thumb:

Yes, thanks I'm all over that mod :D

HSC911 said:
Your VeeDub :dont know:

:thumb:

It's running a 2.7 flat six aircooled motor :grin:

Nice simple fix this, for anyone else attempting you will find continuity between the white and a green wire, these two attach to one end of the new Gold style resistor (I found that these two wires were in a plastic sleeve whilst the other green took a different route to the fan). All up and running, that's to all that responded 8)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back