Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What to do? Sell 2 Porkers and buy 1? Or just keep both?

Trap 125

As above... I have a 993 Carrera 2, 1996, manual, varioram, hardback seats, all the usual work taken care of and I also have a 996.2 GT3 Club Sport also in really great shape. I love both cars and each of them both put a huge smile on my face when I drive them. I'm thinking about keeping them both for a long time (also hoping prices may rise more... like every other owner!) but I am finding it increasingly difficult to use them both mainly because of work and family. Sooooo... my dilemma is, should I sell them and buy one car? Maybe a 997 GT3 RS??? 997.2 GT3?? It would have to be something special... or do I hold on to them both??? Real first world problems...

Any thoughts or opinions would be appreciated...

nicer problems to have I say.

I'm in a sort of similar dilemma.
Having bought a low mileage Boxster 981 S and realising that i am doing circa 500 miles a week, which ATM is bliss in the sunshine, Ive decided to stretch the finances and buy another car to compliment it, i.e. a diesel Macan.

That will mean we have my Boxster for summer.
The Macan S for Mrs Wilpert (and me too when I am allowed).
And A beast of a RR sport for me in the winter.

My man maths is that the RR sport being old and high miles cannot lose any more value but is worth not a lot having 133k miles on it.
The Boxster will keep sensible miles so hopefully will not depreciate like a rock.
The Macan will be a cheaper daily drive for Mrs Wilpert and a sort of treat for me to drive at times.

So the long answer is keep them both and enjoy what you want when you want. - a bit like having several wives

:grin:

Having several wives would certainly be more expensive than two pieces of pork! And servicing and MOTing them would become a logistical nightmare! :lol:

I have a similar (but not identical) pair. This is a very personal choice and only you can know how you feel.

From an investment point of view, spreading the risk minimises your exposure and 2 cars are better than one. Therefore stick with what you have.

From a running cost point of view, I see no significant difference.

The market forces are beyond your control. sit back and enjoy the ride.

Only the emotional investment remains in the decision making process. Your conection with each car is unique and beyond any other personal advice from forum members. It's a bit like asking us if you should stay with your wife or get a newer model!

Good luck, Keith.

jkeith said:
I have a similar (but not identical) pair. This is a very personal choice and only you can know how you feel.

From an investment point of view, spreading the risk minimises your exposure and 2 cars are better than one. Therefore stick with what you have.

From a running cost point of view, I see no significant difference.

The market forces are beyond your control. sit back and enjoy the ride.

Only the emotional investment remains in the decision making process. Your conection with each car is unique and beyond any other personal advice from forum members. It's a bit like asking us if you should stay with your wife or get a newer model!

Good luck, Keith.

Thanks Keith. Good advice. Funny how the wife topic has cropped up again! :D

This is a no brainer, Get an RS

Its what dreams are made of, and you only live once.

Boba fett said:
This is a no brainer, Get an RS

Its what dreams are made of, and you only live once.

+1 seriously why are you even asking?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qdunrpvcxsty
Back