Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Recorded silver 966.1 GT3 - thoughts?

Fastlane

I know this has been advertised on and off for ages and has obviously been heavily tracked, and it doesn't say whether it was cat C or D, but £48.5k for a 19k miles car seems pretty good value (c.30% vs the equivalent non recorded car at £70k)? He'll obviously take an offer too - probably get it for £45k. It's currently SORN'd but the MOT history looks good.

What does the collective think? Anybody know the car?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Porsche-996-Mk1-GT3/183307875230?hash=item2aae00339e:g:7nYAAOSw5rBbPS8J

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

:?:

Carbon buckets are Uber rare...and his seats do not have genuine side brackets...the seat belt hoop looks wrong too, just an observation.

If you do go and buy then make sure that they are not D911 replicas :grin:

Other than than, super low miles for the money :thumb:

I have just done a search on here and think it may be this one from back in 2016, but difficult to know as they are very few details of the car in the actual post. In 2016 he had accepted a offer for £38k, but the buyer got nervous and pulled out. It later reappeared at £55k!

HSC911 - I'm not thinking of buying it, just watching the market at present.

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=113065&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

I'm guessing from his eBay name it's Craig Winstanley. Serial Porsche buyer/flipper.

If I was interested I'd just ring him for a chat. I'd want to know what the damage was obviously and personally I'd only buy that car to actually use, which it should be, it's a GT3. It's not investment material but that's fine.

Loads of 996 GT3s for sale at the moment. I'd rather save a bit longer or borrow a bit and get a non cat car, but like I say if you want one to actually thrash as Porsche intended, then it could be just the ticket. :thumb:

Edited to add - Sounds like a few people may know a bit more about it and the quality of the repairs.

Fastlane said:
I have just done a search on here and think it may be this one from back in 2016, but difficult to know as they are very few details of the car in the actual post. In 2016 he had accepted a offer for £38k, but the buyer got nervous and pulled out. It later reappeared at £55k!

HSC911 - I'm not thinking of buying it, just watching the market at present.

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=113065&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Not the same car.. this was a Silver 997 GT3.

The vehicle in this thread/topic is a 996 :thumb:

Fastlane said:
I know this has been advertised on and off for ages and has obviously been heavily tracked, and it doesn't say whether it was cat C or D, but £48.5k for a 19k miles car seems pretty good value (c.30% vs the equivalent non recorded car at £70k)? He'll obviously take an offer too - probably get it for £45k. It's currently SORN'd but the MOT history looks good.

What does the collective think? Anybody know the car?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Porsche-996-Mk1-GT3/183307875230?hash=item2aae00339e:g:7nYAAOSw5rBbPS8J

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Things that spring out to me..

No under bonnet sticker
rear badge not correct
front end looks little off colour

Clubsport cage
Clubsport buckets

Subject to PPI at £40k that could be a bargain!! - But remember there is a 996.2 Going to auction tomorrow with a engine rebuild in Cobalt Blue but 200k miles for what might me similar money..

:thumb:

Reading that 2016 thread, and then looking at the front, leading edge shut-line on the frunk lid...

Diggermeister said:
Reading that 2016 thread, and then looking at the front, leading edge shut-line on the frunk lid...

The 2016 thread is about a 997?

Daniel said:
Diggermeister said:

Don't let the details spoil it :floor:

Slippydiff said:
Avoid at ALL costs. End of.

Can you elaborate, at least in some way please?

Slippydiff said:

I would say avoid at the cost being suggested :D

Senoj said:
Daniel said:
Diggermeister said:

Don't let the details spoil it :floor:
Detail's in the picture: the shut line is on the squint. Or it's a very poor (unfortunate?) distorted image.

Slippydiff said:

Obviously Slippydiff may know more about this car than is in the public forum but it would not put me off if I was looking for a cheap track car. Unfortunately whilst the GT community likes a certain amount of risk by the very nature of going on track 'we' are a little risk averse to non standard/previously damaged or modified GT3/RS cars.

Clearly an inspection is key. The caveat is maybe Slippydiff can PM you with his 'knowledge' which may sway you towards or away. Informed decisions are key. If it has been well repaired and looked after then so what.

Keep us posted.

Pip

Slippydiff said:

Is this the South African car?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back