Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996.1 cab C2 manual

I'd be the first to admit that I'm useless at leaving things at "close enough", dog with a bone is a fairly accurate description.

Logo - I remembered about that as I shut the garage door - apologies, will do it tomorrow.

Brands is a track day, seeing as I got a massive stone chip on the front bumper driving down to Beaulieu I'm a bit less precious about the front as the bumper will have to get redone anyway.

I'll see if I can get a sound clip as well.

Cool. I'm jealous. I haven't done a track day in my own car for about 5 years.

Brilliant way to spend a day and Brands is a cracking track. Have fun. 8)

Nightmare! Did you lose your money for a proper paid up slot then or was it a freebie or work thing?

I only ever used to attend noisy days (105db) and open pit lane. Quiet days and sessions were always bother. They were my two main rules for track days as living up here in Northumberland, anywhere else other than Croft meant a hotel the night before etc so I wasn't going to take any chances.

Roll on next time though eh..

Thanks very much for taking the time to photograph the Porsche script. Perfect. I owe you one. :thumb:

It was a paid session, not a freebie with work - happily (if I can make it work timewise) the chap who was running the event offered me this coming Thursday which is a 102Db night.

Happy to help re-script - apologies it took so long.

That's good of him. All is not lost.

No problem at all with the time for the dimensions. My car is sat on axle stands under a thick layer of dust. Pushing on with my back garden and unfortunately only being able to do anything on a Saturday and Sunday means projects take literally months. :roll:

Hoping to get a day on car this weekend. Starting to wish I'd left it in one piece for another year. :frustrated: :grin:

Cheers. :thumb:

Dammit said:
After ~20 minutes of fast (for me) Laos the brake pad wear warning light has gone on- does that normally happen?

It can happen, how much life is left in the pads?

Have read that heat can melt the sensors which then send false signals out.

Good luck N

Mike

Mike's nailed it. The wear sensors melt. The track lads remove them and fit a link at the connector further back to keep the light off. Always a good indication if a GT3 has been tracked. Mine had.... a lot. :grin:

Start with the simple stuff though. Worn pads?

Thanks chaps.

The light went out and stayed out when I turned the car off and on again - I suspect the brakes simply got a little hot with my hamfisted late braking.

Brands was a lot of fun, I am very slow - but it's close, and fairly cheap, so I'll be back.

28352155847_a390c81616_b.jpg

43222186231_3b353e1fe3_b.jpg

Old:

43625962752_8367d56901_b.jpg

New (but actually older):

43672424501_e6cd08994a_b.jpg

The brolly itself is actually identical, it's the sheath that differs, the older part is much more "of a piece" with the cabin.

Another mega-nerdy 996 detail ticked off.

Its rare to see one these days but i have to agree with you , it is needed but no idea how to explain why ..

Its just one of those items that helps " make " a Porsche .

The Devil is in the detail i guess .

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Milno
Back