Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 Cooling fan resistor bypass

Simon Winterford

Hi guys

I have been informed that these can be bypassed by joining pins 87 from low speed relay to the high speed relay (as a hack).
I dont mind the noise of the fans at high speed.
Can anyone confirm this is okay ?

Thanks

Yes it would work .. link here that has the diagram for the relays ..

There are as mentioned some pretty cheap resistors that can be fitted so that might be a better option than the fan running full pelt all the time the a/c is on .

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=127681

My C2 tends to run a bit warm in stationary traffic this time of year, I might look at fitting a manual switch to run the fans full speed or a lower value resistor to run them faster on aircon.

MC

MisterCorn said:
deMort said:
Not needed .

I won't bother then :thumb:

MC

Sorry young man .. my mistake ..

I actually posted at first how to wire it up for a switch .. then as i sat here reading it for spelling mistakes ( im good at those ) i realised you know full well how to wire it up and it made me sound far too cockey !

So i deleted it and posted not needed for the post and not what you were going to do.

But .. im a Porsche man and am happy with how Porsche desgined the cars .. ok well happy enough :)

When the car starts to get too hot the second stage will cut in .. about 103-104 degrees which to my mind is fine .. ive never seen any problems with overheating anyways.

So technically you dont need to do anything but if you want to wire up a switch to bypass it im certainly not going to argue .. its a safety over ride in a sense and things like that are always a good idea .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R6demon
Back