Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

The sun is relentless where my car lives -advice on cover?

FZP said:
Phil 997 said:
FZP said:
Will
If I can jump in on this. Although the two items that Phil posted seem like a good idea, ultimately they're not going to work. I'm reading between the lines in that your car sits all day and you're trying to avoid the heat build up.
The two that Phil put up are good if you're only stopping for an hour or so, but leaving your car outside all day, the sun heats all the metals and the heat soak travels through to your interior leaving you in the same net position. The only way you're going to avoid having a hot car is having the whole car in shade.
I'd take the position and accept that this is the way it is, protectt the dash with a towel or one of the reflector fold out things that sit on the inside of your windscreen, or try and locate a shaded (not under a tree) spot to park.
I still bear the scar of the branding of the seat belt buckle from childhood :thumb:

Dam Frank the brand sounds painful , is that why you walk like you do mate :floor: :floor:
Well usually I would respond with a it's my manhood that makes me walk like that but in this case, you're spot on :grin:

:floor: :floor: :grin: :thumb:

wilpert said:
Thanks all,.

Ive ended up with a slightly more basic idea.

I just couldnt do the giant umbrella or pop up tent options in the car park, I think I would look a bit of a tw8t so I went with this:

Wilpert, its not as sexy as the umbrella or as Arnie as the camo one but will do the job and will also avoid having the proverbial taken :grin: :grin: :thumb:

Personally I am disappointed you didn't go with the camo option - you have deprived your workmates of some serious sport.....

I should have rolled up to the office dressed As real life action man and then sported my bear grills camo shade. I'm thinking the girls would be proper impressed.

But instead I've ended up with the turkeys Christmas overcoat.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back