Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Ollys 997.2 C2S

I'm wanting to increase the front camber a fair bit. Any advice? Best way to do it?
I'm in a different world to what I'm used to. With the MINIs, £250 gets you a pair of decent adjustable top mounts but that's not looking like it's the case here!

RSS has a whole suite of adjustable suspension components available.

May be worth give Centre of Gravity a call to discuss options or available parts.

You can add camber plates or lower arms to change camber, but the former tend to be fixed and the latter, very expensive...

I ordered fully adjustable camber plates from Vorshlag at around $400+ but they didn't fit the H&R lowering springs (I don't know why just now, something is off with either my ability to order or the supply). It shouldn't be impossible ...

OllyW said:
I'm wanting to increase the front camber a fair bit. Any advice? Best way to do it?
I'm in a different world to what I'm used to. With the MINIs, £250 gets you a pair of decent adjustable top mounts but that's not looking like it's the case here!

I'm looking into this myself at the moment, cheapest i've found so far is Tarret but they're not adjustable they just give you -1.1 degrees of extra camber.

https://www.design911.co.uk/fu/prod...-for-Porsche-996---997---986---987----TARETT/

Elephant Racing have camber adjustable mounts but quite expensive IMO.

https://www.design911.co.uk/fu/prod137720/QuickChange-camber-plates-Porsche--996-997-C2---986---987/

I really like the look of Ground Control which are camber/caster adjustable but there doesn't seem to be a UK distributor - it also looks like they will custom make them to suit the ID of the BC springs.

https://groundcontrolstore.com/coll.../porsche-997-camber-plate?variant=36678097731

The Ground Control camber plates don't look badly priced actually. But why it doesn't mention the range of available camber, I don't know.

Anyone know the answer? I'm wanting at least -2.5 so I can get the car set up for fast road/track and have no rubbing of tyres.

Olly, in the world of Porsche unfortunately there are limited options and none are cheap!

You can dial in a little camber on the standard top mounts, the mounting holes in the strut top are slotted, if your lucky you may get to neg 1.5 dependent on ride height etc - The down side being that by moving the strut top inboard to increase camber you lose track width.

Adjustable, two piece, lower control arms are the way the factory adjust camber, these are fitted to GT/Cup cars and available from Porsche.

Adjustable top mounts with the sliding adjustment are not commonplace, GT3 monoball top mounts have a motorsport mounting position which allows the damper to be mounted as outboard as possible to increase trackwidth while providing the maximum camber.

If your looking for circa neg 2-2.5, I would go for Porsche/Adjustable LCA's. - These with around 7mm of shim coupled with the slots in the strut mount should get you where you want to be. - From memory a pair from Porsche were around £1k, I believe the RSS items to be about the same.

Off-Topic, great rims, BBS E are immense!

crash7 said:
Olly, in the world of Porsche unfortunately there are limited options and none are cheap!

You can dial in a little camber on the standard top mounts, the mounting holes in the strut top are slotted, if your lucky you may get to neg 1.5 dependent on ride height etc - The down side being that by moving the strut top inboard to increase camber you lose track width.

Adjustable, two piece, lower control arms are the way the factory adjust camber, these are fitted to GT/Cup cars and available from Porsche.

Adjustable top mounts with the sliding adjustment are not commonplace, GT3 monoball top mounts have a motorsport mounting position which allows the damper to be mounted as outboard as possible to increase trackwidth while providing the maximum camber.

If your looking for circa neg 2-2.5, I would go for Porsche/Adjustable LCA's. - These with around 7mm of shim coupled with the slots in the strut mount should get you where you want to be. - From memory a pair from Porsche were around £1k, I believe the RSS items to be about the same.

Agreed. As far as I can make out, you can get top mounts from Taret, Elephant, Vorshlag and Ground Control, all around $450-500. And the OEM GT3 as well. Don't know what they cost. Almost afraid to ask.

As to LCAs, I think the choices are OEM (GT3), RSS, and Eibach, with the latter about one half or one third of the others in terms of cost. They look easy to adjust but I was still looking for anyone with any experience of the Eibachs before I pull the trigger.

I have about 1.3 degrees of camber at the front (which helps in the corners), but I do need to space them out again as they look pretty tucked.

I've finally pulled the trigger on a set of those seats! What did you do with regards to the airbag light? Code it out, add a resistor or just ignore the light?

Thanks

Jamie_c said:
I've finally pulled the trigger on a set of those seats! What did you do with regards to the airbag light? Code it out, add a resistor or just ignore the light?

Thanks

I've just been ignoring it. It would be nice for it to be gone but it doesn't bother me too much, seeing as I know the reason it's there.

Which did you go for? The leather or Alcantara?

OllyW said:
Jamie_c said:

Thanks

I've just been ignoring it. It would be nice for it to be gone but it doesn't bother me too much, seeing as I know the reason it's there.

Which did you go for? The leather or Alcantara?

I've gone for the cheapest black cloth version since my interior is sand beige, I'm planning on just getting then retrimmed in leather to match.

Not had a great deal of time recently but I did improve the fitment of the E88s slightly.

5mm front spacers and 10mm rear has helped slightly. Rears need 305s rather than 295s I think, but they're very difficult to get hold of in anything worth having due to being 18".

Attachments

• img_4875_214.jpg
    img_4875_214.jpg
    298.8 KB · Views: 5,030

Attachments

• img_5019_208.jpg
    img_5019_208.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 5,025
I've bought some mesh grill to do a DIY protecting the rads. The Zunsport ones look awful to me and if I can do it myself for £10 and it'll do the job perfectly, I'd rather do that.

I also have an IPD plenum that needs fitting. Any tips/advice?

HSC911 said:
Seventy Seven said:
What else have you got tucked away in the garage in the pics .....

Ragpicker had a cool mini too, :thumb:

Indeed Jin, in fact I bought a set of rear camber arms off Olly a few years ago. A deal done in a Tesco car park...

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back