Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Bolton fire cars ???

I think the 997 Turbo was Lee's (on here). He'd only had it about 6 days and got taken back in for a slight oil leak. They told him the car war fine, but a few days later after more scrutiny they assessed it had smoke damage evident that was starting to eat in to the Aluminium parts and other parts and recommended the car be written off as it would only get worse. :dont know:

I had no idea smoke could damage aluminium like that. There was me thinking that they were going to be a cheeky buy.

OK ....... I am not firing on all cylinders this morning ...... but watched a couple of the videos ....... what I am missing here? ...... scam?

This was Lee's comment on it:

What a month I've had. Picked up my dream car and had a wonderful 4 days with it until the arson attack at Porsche in Bolton. We initially thought it was a survivor but over the last 3 weeks the smoke has started to react on various components and I've had to make the difficult decision to let it go. I fought tooth and nail to keep it but head has won the battle with heart. I was considering calling it a day with Porsches as it's been so stressful/upsetting but then I think whoever did the attack have taken enough from me and everyone else involved so the search will commence for a replacement.

and this was his car:

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=81b15551605793a4ea173406f697721f&oe=5BAC25AE

madalaa said:
OK ....... I am not firing on all cylinders this morning ...... but watched a couple of the videos ....... what I am missing here? ...... scam?

Aren't they auction starting prices?

.....and some written off due to smoke damage.

The heat looks to have melted bumpers and headlights on some! Rusted brake discs.

Who knows what other rubber seals / hoses / parts are trashed. Brake flexis? Tyres definitely.

Discoloured the paint?

I would run a mile. You might end up replacing all kinds of bits. I'd rather have a flooded or crashed car.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alanjf
Back