Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Yorkshire Classic Porsche, opinion ?

It actually was, I wrote to the directors, of which she was one of them and she called me and refunded the deposit, the owner John was adamant he wasn't going to refund me but things were getting that 'bad' for them he had to give in.
I don't think they realised the power of the internet, it really did get out of hand. Their biggest mistake was to come on here and try to defend their actions, every post they made they dug the hole deeper.
The phone call was put on SoundCloud and got 500 hits in 24 hrs!
They then got solicitors onto me and threatened to sue me but that was a non starter!
If I remember rightly the thread got 10,000 hits over the 5 days it was up, epic!

easternjets said:
It actually was, I wrote to the directors, of which she was one of them and she called me and refunded the deposit, the owner John was adamant he wasn't going to refund me but things were getting that 'bad' for them he had to give in.
I don't think they realised the power of the internet, it really did get out of hand. Their biggest mistake was to come on here and try to defend their actions, every post they made they dug the hole deeper.
The phone call was put on SoundCloud and got 500 hits in 24 hrs!
They then got solicitors onto me and threatened to sue me but that was a non starter!
If I remember rightly the thread got 10,000 hits over the 5 days it was up, epic!
#bringthethreadback. I missed all of this. The SoundCloud bit sounds super interesting.

They've been at it again with a guy on the Porsche Facebook thread, he's bought a 996.2 and had a heap of problems with the lovely Jon at Yorkshire Classic Porsche! How the heck does he manage to stay in business?

I overheard in a pub (purely for legal purposes!), that he'd told a buyer to "go get a f***ing Tesco loan for difference if you can't afford it..", when the buyer offered an amount not matching the screen price after inspecting the car. The buyer certainly didn't need to borrow any money, he simply offered him what he thought it was worth, and he didn't take kindly to it.

In the very same pub, I've heard numerous peoples experiences have all been negative ones, and the internet is full of them with a simple search.

Unless your a bit weird and like buying cars with very limited comeback, or are particularly fond of abuse and pressure sales tactics (Just listen to the phone call to Eaternjets), then steer clear of this place.

Quote from phone call;

Me. 'have you sorted the oil leak and what was the problem?'

Jon. 'yes we have it was the rocker covers, a hell of a job to replace and if it were anyone else we'd have just nipped the bolts up to stop them leaking'

Another good line;

Me. 'would it be possible to have the car independently inspected?'

Jon. 'No that cars not moving an inch off my forecourt till you pay for it in full, oh and if you back out of the deal you ain't getting your deposit back'

Me. 'well i'd like to come down and test drive the car again'

Jon. 'No, you've driven it once what the bl##dy hell do you need to drive it again for'

Wow, just wow!

How Yorkshire Classic Porsche still in business is beyond me!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back