Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Window dropping - or not, but not sure its microswitch

Fizgig

Evening all

Just picked up a new project, an early 986. One of the first issues to sort is the driver window not dropping when the door is opened. Ahh I hear you say, microswitch, which I would have assumed.
But I've also noticed it doesn't drop when I open the hood whereas the passenger one does the normal 1" drop.

Works fine off the switch.

I'm thinking this is more than the handle microswitch. Is there ia position sensor in the regulator maybe?

Many thoughts / help - much appreciate

Andy

Hi Fizgig, hopefully this will help although i'm coming from a 997.

I would start by testing the microswitch by simply opening the door and using a screwdriver close the latch (without scratching paint!) now only partly raise the exterior handle and you should hear the window motor run for a split second (maybe try on your passenger side so you know how it should sound and react first) if it does nothing try the same with internal handle and you should be able to rule microswitch in/out easily. Lastly pull the handle fully before trying to shut either door!

Thanks!

There is def no movement or even attempt when either handle is pulled, so this sounds like its not a microswitch..

So, is there some sort of control unit for the motor that tells it to drop, or is this built into the regulator maybe?

if there is no sound when you slightly raise the handle i'd say it is the microswitch!

Edit - i suppose it could be the control module as both inner & outer handle microswitches failing at the same time has to be unlikely :?:

Start by pressing the closed button till the window is shut , release then press and hold for 5 seconds ( door closed ) ..this will tell the car closed position .. a flat battery will cause these settings to be lost and if the car doesnt know the position of the window it cant open or close it .

Roof microswitch and door open are different systems so 2 seperate faults are indicated atm .

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ron2325
Back