Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Tracking a 993

911UK said:
911UK said:
:thumbs:

was at the Nurburging back in April

911uk are going to be at Donington in July and Brands Hatch in August :thumb:

Note, that from what was a completely standard set up

I've replaced the OEM Monroe Shocks and M030 springs and Anti Roll Bar

with Bilstein Pss10 shocks and springs on H&R Anti roll bars
with RennLine front and Rear Top Mounts
Poly Bushed the front wishbones and renewed and replaced most of the suspension compenents
along with C4 engine mounts and an RS geometry (but with the front lower)

then I've just fitted a complete OEM RS light weight single mass flywheel and clutch
then replaced the OEM diff with a Wavetrac Differential

it now drives much better :D
Very nice modifications sounds like it will handle and corner like a dream.

911UK said:
911UK said:
:thumbs:

was at the Nurburging back in April

911uk are going to be at Donington in July and Brands Hatch in August :thumb:

Note, that from what was a completely standard set up

I've replaced the OEM Monroe Shocks and M030 springs and Anti Roll Bar

with Bilstein Pss10 shocks and springs on H&R Anti roll bars
with RennLine front and Rear Top Mounts
Poly Bushed the front wishbones and renewed and replaced most of the suspension compenents
along with C4 engine mounts and an RS geometry (but with the front lower)

then I've just fitted a complete OEM RS light weight single mass flywheel and clutch
then replaced the OEM diff with a Wavetrac Differential

it now drives much better :D

Thinking of doing the single mass flywheel.... Feedback??

993 Tracking

Later this month I will be tracking my 993 C2S for the first time at Snetterton and just wondered if anyone can recommend tyre pressure settings? Cheers

If you are on 17" rims go 32 psi allround to start off with. Warm up for 2 laps, do a few hot laps , pit and check pressures, odds are nsf will have gone up considerably more than the rest, from my memories of Snett there are only 2 l/h bends. Drop them all to 34psi, check again as necc. Don't forget to reinflate before leaving the circuit. Presuming road tyres.
It's all about maintaining contact profile so hot should not go above 38psi.
With the 944 at Oulton on 17" Advan trackday tyres the nsf would go uo 10-12 psi.
I will accept no responsibility if you stuff it. I have not tracked the 993.

Attachments

• oulton_park_959.jpg
    oulton_park_959.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 3,768
Re: 993 Tracking

Nuenelfer78 said:
Later this month I will be tracking my 993 C2S for the first time at Snetterton and just wondered if anyone can recommend tyre pressure settings? Cheers

I set off at normal pressures then check after each run and keep reducing until they stabilise at the normal cold pressure. usually gets to that point after two runs. they will be rock hard if you don't reduce pressures. remember to take a pump to blow them back up.

make sure you get some gloves... otherwise my hands get so sweaty I've nearly lost grip of the wheel a few times.

angry said:
Thinking of doing the single mass flywheel.... Feedback??

Well it doesn't make the car any faster but it is so much more responsive that has added some more fun to the car

Varioram car so didnt need to tweak the ECU, worked fine.

Endoman said:
Very nice modifications sounds like it will handle and corner like a dream.

the biggest change is less body roll (for a 993) which was an issue previously

the car does push on well and inspires more confidence

only so far on the Nurburgring but it was wet, sowasn't an ideal place for a 1st run on track but have Donnington on the 1st which should the 1st chance to lean on the LSD then Brands in August :D

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=125302

Im going on PC track day Silverstone on Monday, cant wait to get the 993 hot and sweaty.. Ill book up Brands with you guys also, love that track.

Mine is a daily driver but I must admit I got caught in a massive storm and im on semi slick tyers so I had to turn round and leave it at home, it was like driving on ice..

I love 993 politics.. I told a guy at a meet I was having my headlight washers welded up.. he went mental at me..

Endoman said:
Of course the silencers can be refilled. I had mine done locally with other internal mods.
Thanks Endoman. I contacted Steve at Jaz. He said the silencers can be refilled. The 993 is booked in for a rush job ahead of Snetterton with PCGB on 27 June.

if that goes well then I am up for the 911UK evening at Brands, assuming places are still available.

Yellow Novice X (Cross) Sticker has been ordered

I did 50 laps at brands hatch indy yesterday at a Javelin day, was great fun.

Still learning so my time is quite poor (1.05 best) but gives me the goal of soon getting under 1min once I know the lines better and have the balls to go flying into Paddock without braking way too early.

Fyi if you have the 'hollamby bypass' with a 2inch pipe, your car should pass a 105db static, 92db drive-by day at brands. Mine came in at 103.5db reved to 5100rpm and clutch down, car warmed up. No need to short shift once on track, the car's not loud enough enough with bypass to trouble the drive-by limit.

Pic

badlands said:

Ive said it before and I'll say it again. The NB 993 has the most beautiful rear of all 911s.

Well, I got the exhaust fixed and did the Porsche Club track day at Snetterton. Thanks for the encouragement everyone.

Two other 993s there as well - a C2 and and a C2S - driven by two great guys - Nick and Simon I think. We did some laps in convoy - held everyone else up however we enjoyed it.

Attachments

• img_0052_852.jpg
    img_0052_852.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 1,327

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back