Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 Gen II Rear Lights interchangeble ---------------

-- 997 --

Barcelona
A quick question..... if i got a later Reg Gen 2 rear lights and fit them on an early gen 2 model or even any year Gen 2, will it work as normal or Vise Verse?

Its that i was told they are chassis/reg number dependant!! As some will not work as the electronics in the lights where different.

Is this true or is someone spoon feeding me bull sheet 😁

Cheers

J

I'm calling Shennanigans

So its Bull Sheet then?? The rear lights should work no matter what year Gen2 ??

Cheers

J

J , I have never heard of that , think its BS any Gen2 lights will fit any gen2 car inc swapping the clear ones for the red ones. :thumb:

Cheers for your replies. I thought it was BS just didnt make sence etc..

:thumb:

Cheers

J

Even the PCB/circuits boards inside the lights you can swap right to left/left to right (if say, you wanted the fog light on the LHS etc).

:)

One thing to be aware of is the LED colour did change sometime through the gen 2 life, my 2010 C4S originally had yellow coloured LEDs. This is colour of the plastic body of the LED not the colour of the light from the LED, the replacement unit due to water ingress had clear body LEDs so luckily both were replaced under warranty so they matched.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back