Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

White cars

Hong Kong fuey

Just washed my white boxster and while cleaning around the exhaust noticed some staining on the paint, which I assume is from the exhaust, do these cars throw a bit of black smoke? can't say I've ever seen any in the mirror, Only had the car a couple of weeks, it's a 2010 boxster s.
The car runs like a dream

Hi HKF,

Regardless of the rich / lean fuel ratio of your engine, the exhaust gases are very hot! It's exactly as you describe, a heat stain.

Try any of the popular polishes to clean this off. It may even be the polish that is discoloured rather than the paint. Test a small area, T Cut?

My Grand Prix White 3.2 has exactly the same issue.

Cheers, Keith.

Buy a clay mitt and strip it of contaminants and old polish. Then start again with fresh polish

I also have a white Boxster ........ Auto Glym extra gloss protection polish will remove any staining and also give the car a silky smooth shine.

All sorted with the clay mitt, although did crap myself as it left a black smudge across the bumper :eek: guessing it dried out, came straight off with the polish :thumbs:

Could have been tar spots maybe? These smudge.

Tar spots stick out like a sore thumb on a white car. They won't come off with normal washing so I'd recommend getting some tar spot remover which will dissolve them. You can mar your paint if you clay them, although marring doesn't show as much on white so it depends how fussy you are with your paint.

Im pretty sure it came off the clay mitt, thought it must of been a dry patch on the mitt, looked like a horrible scratch but came straight off with polish

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevemias
Back