Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

LEAKED! 2018 911 [991] GT2 RS: the most powerful 911

I liked the racetrack labelling ad but the the ocassional nudge on the stick is a bit lame...

I think the younger bloke in the ad may be in the market for one...

Last of the rear engined hypercar 911 before they go mid engine? :coat:

Senoj said:
911UK said:
EURO price is EUR 285.220,00 incl. VAT

Effective FX rate of 1.25 ish. Porsche UK still underpriced even vs their own mothership.

So Porsche makes less money, on purpose, for a car sold in the UK....why would they do that if they dont need to compete on price? Even more un fathomable if you assume RHD is more expensive to manufacture.

and RHD cars thus being rarely are thus worth more than theiir LHD counter parts

:dont know: :dont know:

For some reason I can't help thinking if only VW would put the current Beetle engine in the back, they'd have a runaway success :dont know:

But anyway, love the car, looks insane, very street racer and unhinged

I've bought some lottery tickets

911UK said:
Senoj said:
911UK said:
EURO price is EUR 285.220,00 incl. VAT

Effective FX rate of 1.25 ish. Porsche UK still underpriced even vs their own mothership.

So Porsche makes less money, on purpose, for a car sold in the UK....why would they do that if they dont need to compete on price? Even more un fathomable if you assume RHD is more expensive to manufacture.

and RHD cars thus being rarely are thus worth more than theiir LHD counter parts

:dont know: :dont know:

If one was a bit cynical one may think there was some sort of self serving agenda going on. :D

I get mine to £233,044.00 inc Weissach....well it would be rude not to!

2 lines on the Euro millions tonight!

Senoj said:
They are definitely trying taking a little heat out of the flippers market with that price. Whats the € list?

As always - try the configurator on the German site for full insight to euro prices and the full list of exclusive options... Oh hang on : not on there yet, but is on the UK. That hasn't happened before.

At least with an optioned up price of ~£235k there will be far fewer of us complaining that they won't sell us one this time...

I'm told this is the last GT car that 918 customers will get first dibs on. I expect that virtually all of the UK allocation will go to 918 owners - why wouldn't you when you're virtually guaranteed to at least double your investment?

Disco said:
Senoj said:
They are definitely trying taking a little heat out of the flippers market with that price. Whats the € list?

As always - try the configurator on the German site for full insight to euro prices and the full list of exclusive options... Oh hang on : not on there yet, but is on the UK. That hasn't happened before.

At least with an optioned up price of ~£235k there will be far fewer of us complaining that they won't sell us one this time...

Okay - the German configurator is up now and they are paying a lot more on the continent. Not just comparing the base price, but I tried optioning up on both and then converting the Euro to pounds and got the £235k on the UK site and £285k in Germany :eek:

And that doesn't include the watch either.

I reckon that if someone wants a left hooker : they might just be able to go to a continental OPC in a country that doesn't traditionally sell a lot of supercars and actually order one of these.

Clarkey said:
I liked the racetrack labelling ad but the the ocassional nudge on the stick is a bit lame...

I think the younger bloke in the ad may be in the market for one...

Last of the rear engined hypercar 911 before they go mid engine? :coat:

That is lame, rather a lot of post production going on too, its all a bit too perfect..

You could be right on the mid engine thing? Im not so sure as theres no real need for a massive diffuser on a road car also i think they may want to keep rear seats in the "911" platform. it seems any sort of homologation for the race car is no longer required :dont know:

I can't help but feel a little disappointed in the styling of the new GT2RS. As regulars know I am somewhat enamoured with the 997 GT2RS. But the new car just looks too much like the GT3RS to me. Maybe I'll feel differently when I see it in the metal but currently I'm feeling a little underwhelmed.

Anyone else feeling this?

Don't like the front bumper no doubt serves a purpose on those rads in the corners but think the big "squares" don't look right

bloody epic bit of kit though :D

I think it looks ace from all angles

Now that I've got one of those 0ppm water filter thingies, I'd go for a murdered out black on black one, I reckon that would just look so mean

Or, one in riviera blue

:?:

I sat in one of these, felt very familiar, just like my 996 tbh. Amazing how the contact points are the same. Apart from the seats, which were more awkward to get in. This one was properly used.

The guy polishing fingerprints off it wouldn't start it up or let me go for a drive :sad:

He said these have been sold on for over £600k. Someone sold theirs on immediately and won't get invited to buy anything else.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back