Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Michelin ps4s

Scholester said:
Does the PS4 have a nice chunky rim protector like the originally fitted Bridgestone Potenza? I seem to remember that Cup2's don't seem to have any and I do like a rim protector as a design.

They do but it's not as pronounced. Just don't lend the Mrs your car :wink:

Casper1331 said:
I will check the pressures
What pressures do you recommend

Michelin recommends 33 front and 37 rear for my 997 gen 2 turbo.

I'm interested to hear reviews on this too as mine (996T) was in OPC for its MOT last week and failed on a cut to the inside of one of the front tyres that i didn't know about :eek:

It was on Potenzas and due to be changed early next year as i'm about to 'winterise' it and fancied trying the PS4's but they would only fit N rated tyres... so they fitted PS2 N3's only to the fronts as effectively it was stuck there.
it's a temporary 'fix' while i figure out what to do since i really wanted PS4's

I haven't checked my (Mannings) Insurance yet on their view re N ratings and am wondering if I supply 4 x PS4's if they (OPC) will fit them or not when it's in for its annual service next March? Their tyre fitter is brilliant and that's also an impotant factor since the wheels (refurbed 9 months ago) are perfect.

( i guess it would mean that they could not MOT it on PS4's in future but thats not a biggie for me)

Would be fab if Michelin have the PS4's N rated in the next few months please
:grin:

Norfolk & Idea said:
Scholester said:
Does the PS4 have a nice chunky rim protector like the originally fitted Bridgestone Potenza? I seem to remember that Cup2's don't seem to have any and I do like a rim protector as a design.

They do but it's not as pronounced. Just don't lend the Mrs your car :wink:
She drives a classic Mini and, thankfully, even a Clio would be too big for her 😬🙏

Just fitted these, really really happy with them, much more confidence in the dry and pretty amazed how sticky they are in the wet too, would highly recommend them
:thumb:

Hi, Just fitted mine, seems to be a bit floaty on the M25... What pressures are you guys running? I'm a in a 997.1 Targa 4 , 33 front 40 rear at the moment, thinking about lowering that.

Whitehorse said:
Hi, Just fitted mine, seems to be a bit floaty on the M25... What pressures are you guys running? I'm a in a 997.1 Targa 4 , 33 front 40 rear at the moment, thinking about lowering that.

Im using the same on mine (2.3bar front 2.7 bar rear, which is roughly 33 / 39( and my turbo is fine.

Hmm, Ok, time to let a bit out! I'll drop it to 39 and see what gives.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back