Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

911uk discount at Top Gear exhaust, Bridport for GROUP BUY

I'm debating whether to go for the manifolds while waiting for the 200cell x-pipe and valved boxes to come back in stock. My stock manifolds have been off about 4k / 3 years ago when the engine was at Hartech so I'm hopeful they'll be relatively easy to remove.

Just checked my junk email and a notification that the valved boxes were back in stock was there so I've jumped on that (only 7 were in stock!). No problem sitting on them for a couple of months while deciding what, if anything, to buy to go with it.

M444TTB said:
Just checked my junk email and a notification that the valved boxes were back in stock was there so I've jumped on that (only 7 were in stock!). No problem sitting on them for a couple of months while deciding what, if anything, to buy to go with it.

:thumb: :thumb: good call to get in while they have stock

I noticed the other day that my exhaust tips are uneven- they were even before I had the X-pipe fitted, which suggests the engine is level but the exhaust boxes need tweaking. Can I do this myself without having to pull the bumper off?

The engine Will be in exactly the same position as before the new exhaust was fitted, as said the tips need taking off the adjustment ring inside cleaning up and a thin smear of grease, then put back on and adjust.
Sometimes best to have a third hand to hold them in position whilst tightening, all this can be done with the bumper on the car, hope you get sorted👍

Can anyone help me understand the pros and cons for the two different 200 cell cats. The x-pipe makes a power claim and a change in the sound where the other pipes simply say they taper down to meet the standard size (so presumably taper out first). I'm drawn toward waiting on the x-pipe but the other is in stock.

M444TTB said:
Can anyone help me understand the pros and cons for the two different 200 cell cats. The x-pipe makes a power claim and a change in the sound where the other pipes simply say they taper down to meet the standard size (so presumably taper out first). I'm drawn toward waiting on the x-pipe but the other is in stock.

Have a good read of the fabspeed and sharkwerks websites as they both advocate differing options the cross over is prefered by one the X pipe prefered by the other , the Xpipe it seems has a merge collector where the two bends meet this is supossed to be part of what makes the crackles and pops but there are other gains with both .personally I chose the Xpipe design , there is also an argument that the cross over has less bends so flows better . but all I can suggest is read the websites and draw your own conclution as to which you prefer re the xpipe there are two different types the 54mm which is the same bore as the stock exhaust and the 63mm or big bore Xpipe this was the one I went for as the tone is deeper supposedly . Alex at Topgear may be able to give a bit more insight :thumb: :thumb:

Time for another Group Buy? We'll all need something to do when England crash out of the World Cup...

thesmithsUK said:
Time for another Group Buy? We'll all need something to do when England crash out of the World Cup...

:thumb: Agree, been waiting on new stock...

Ordered my 200 cell X-pipe this evening. I'd been waiting for it to come back in to order with the manifolds... which are now out of stock! That may be a blessing as I still can't make my mind up about the manifolds. I'm concerned it may be a load of hassle. Hartech took mine off (and they were a hassle) during the rebuild 6,000 miles / 2.5 years ago so I'd hope they may come off ok still. But do I chance it?

Do we know when we may have another group buy??

I put the same question to TG on Friday...

:popcorn:

Just have to be patient I guess then !!!😂

After signing up for the group buy and then boxes, followed by cats going out of stock, TG finally have everything I need. Now booked in for 200 cell cats, valved boxes and new lambdas to replace my failing pse. Was going to diy, but after reading various threads, I don't fancy the skinned knuckles and a weekend lying on the drive with rust in my eyes. Plus Alex is giving me a courtesy car, so a trip to the Hive cafe on the beach for lunch is too good to pass up.
They're also going to connect it to the existing pse switch for me. I believe the original pse is on 'loud' by default, but is also speed controlled, i.e. Is quite below a certain speed (or revs)? Can anyone confirm this, and if true, can this be disabled so it is always loud unless I press the button?

Thanks Alex, can't wait to get this fitted (neighbours not so sure though....).

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back