Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Nextbase dashcam

porkchops

Anyone has hardwired their Nextbase dash cam? Just wondering which fuse you ended up usig and where did you tuck the little transformer box away?
Thanks[/img]

Being technically incompetent I used Halfords who charged either £25 or £30 to wire it in and did a very good neat job.

I was looking at splicing in to the cig lighter feed then the box would sit behind the dash there. You need a switched live feed or the camera is on when the car is not being used and you get battery drain.

I think that Was The op's original plan.

Just which fuse to piggyback for his 996?

asterix_the_gaul said:
I think that Was The op's original plan.

Just which fuse to piggyback for his 996?

Yes exactly!

I am looking into this too,,,so interested

Well, like I said you need a switched supply, so get a voltmeter out and check which fuses have a switched I.e. ignition on power, there may even be an unused fuse socket? then plug your piggyback positive in to that socket and find a screw to metal to give you your ground/negative. The little transformer box should tuck behind the carpet by the fusebox I would imagine, then run your cable: I would start at the camera in it's desired location then work back to power so you end up with any excess wire where you can hide it under the dash or carpet

asterix_the_gaul said:
Well, like I said you need a switched supply, so get a voltmeter out and check which fuses have a switched I.e. ignition on power, there may even be an unused fuse socket? then plug your piggyback positive in to that socket and find a screw to metal to give you your ground/negative. The little transformer box should tuck behind the carpet by the fusebox I would imagine, then run your cable: I would start at the camera in it's desired location then work back to power so you end up with any excess wire where you can hide it under the dash or carpet

+1 :agree:

I did this with my Blackvue. Positioned the camera behind the rear view mirror then fed the power cable down to the fusebox via a Power Magic Pro which ensures there's no drain of the battery. It all works fine and the excess wiring, Power Magic Pro box all sit behind the carpet beside the fusebox out of the way. :thumbs:

Attachments

• img_1987a_123.jpg
    img_1987a_123.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,113

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back