Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.1 GT3 - If I was to drop the engine...

Any recommendations on another place to estimate on the work? After 3 emails and a phone call I reckon Fearnsport already have plenty of work for the next few months... :D

Ideally a place down south / west of London area :thumb:

Northway look after mine. they have a consistently good reputation. Also, I find they only do the work they deem necessary.

You'll struggle to find anyone who will weld the water fittings to the quality that FS gets them done. Why not just wait until you can get a slot at FS?

hopeydaze said:
Northway look after mine. they have a consistently good reputation. Also, I find they only do the work they deem necessary.

I agree. I have my car serviced by them and they never change things unless it's needed. A number of times I have asked them to replace parts and they said it's not needed yet which has saved me money. Very very honest guys indeed!!

e92 said:
hopeydaze said:

I agree. I have my car serviced by them and they never change things unless it's needed. A number of times I have asked them to replace parts and they said it's not needed yet which has saved me money. Very very honest guys indeed!!

Cheers chaps. I'm looking for somewhere with plenty of GT3 knowledge and experience though, I'm not sure Northway fit the bill in that regard based on checking out their website. I just remembered JZM, I'll give them a call when I'm back from hols

Roro said:
Well could do. Just impatient I guess! :grin:

Be patient, rest assured it'll be worth it. I'm currently in the same boat as you, but the best (and IMO Matt is) is very worthwhile waiting for.

:thumb:

Slippydiff said:
Roro said:
Well could do. Just impatient I guess! :grin:

Be patient, rest assured it'll be worth it. I'm currently in the same boat as you, but the best (and IMO Matt is) is very worthwhile waiting for.

:thumb:

Couldn't agree more, just had my turbo fettled by the Matts.

Roro, there is an old saying that states, "If you want a good job doing, go to a busy man." This is very true, especially where GT cars and turbos are concerned. Have you taken a run out to see him personally? This often gets results :thumb:

Yes, my granddad used to say something similar, if you want something done properly, find somebody too busy to do it. He never had a GT3 though :) I went up to see the Matts a few months back, I suppose there isn't really any hurry to get the work done soon anyway. It would have been nice to get everything done before rubbish weather sets in and the car spends all its time locked in the garage again for winter 8)

Still waiting to hear back :dont know:

On the plus side, car is back from service today, and the OPC changed the plugs even though I specifically said don't. So got a plug change for free which is nice ... :D

Roro said:
Still waiting to hear back :dont know:

Spoke to him earlier & you can expect a deluge of stuff tomorrow :D

Ducktail it is then

... I didn't realise that was an engine out job? :)

Well, a ducky was quite low down on the list, but maybe next year if I don't sort a LWFW etc then I might go for it

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back