Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Disaster Within 3 Weeks Of Ownership :(

Difficult as it may seem in the circumstances, wait until the assessor has viewed the car before worrying about the car being a write off.

I've had some 'experience' of a similar situation some years ago, where I bumped my car following a slide on some diesel which was deposited by a petrol tanker just outside a supermarket petrol station.

Car got trailered to the dealership bodyshop who looked around it & before the Insurance assessor attended I was told it was uneconomic to repair. I pleaded with my Insurance company who eventually gave me the direct number of the assessor who I managed to contact before he viewed the car.

Cut a long story short, he disallowed approx £1.5k of repairs which made it financially viable to repair & it was put back on the road.

Some months later, I found out (through a friend of my brother's who worked at the dealership) that someone in the bodyshop took a liking to my car & they deliberately inflated the repair cost so that they could be in with a chance of buying the salvage from the Insurance company if it was written off...

How terrible... I feel for you I really do. :nooo:
Are you sure the other driver wasn't one of these crash for cash type's?

Thanks for the sympathy guys, it's nice to get some as all I'm getting from mates/family etc is constant piss taking! :lol:

I have to say I've been amazed at how good my Insurance have been about it, their first offer was incredibly reasonable. I've now done a deal with them regarding pay-out, and have also bought the salvage back, which has been sold to a friend.

I just thought I'd update in case anyone finds this thread in a search if they find themselves in a similar situation, and perhaps to put some owners minds at rest. Insurance companies don't always take the urine, they can be very reasonable and sympathetic, they made it clear that they understood there was a clear difference between a well looked after 911 and a Ford Focus, and they treated the claim accordingly.

I'm still hunting for my next 911, and can't wait to get back in one!

Thats a great outcome :thumb: :thumb: keep us posted on your search progress for the next one :thumb:

out of interest did it go down as a your fault claim. A little bad luck to say the least if it did.

Robert SausageTrousers said:
Thanks for the sympathy guys, it's nice to get some as all I'm getting from mates/family etc is constant piss taking! :lol:

I have to say I've been amazed at how good my Insurance have been about it, their first offer was incredibly reasonable. I've now done a deal with them regarding pay-out, and have also bought the salvage back, which has been sold to a friend.

I just thought I'd update in case anyone finds this thread in a search if they find themselves in a similar situation, and perhaps to put some owners minds at rest. Insurance companies don't always take the urine, they can be very reasonable and sympathetic, they made it clear that they understood there was a clear difference between a well looked after 911 and a Ford Focus, and they treated the claim accordingly.

There is nothing worse than people enjoying your misfortune. I had a white van run into the back of my 996 turbo while sat in traffic and couldn't believe how many £$%&ers waved as they drove past.... :evil:

Robert SausageTrousers said:

Good news. Insurance refused to pay for repairs on my car as garage quoted 8.5k and Insurance valued my car at 10k. Managed to get a deal between them and it's getting fixed which is good as I would not be able to replace like for like with their pay out for total loss.

Good result op.

I hope you have a bit more luck with the next one. :thumb:

Enjoy the search, frustrating yet fun.

Out of interest who was the Insurance company? I had a full loss last year with Churchill and they were very quick and good to deal with.

I actually made money on the car :lol:

I was speaking to someone who works for an Insurance company and they said if you admit fault often it doesn't affect you as much as your statistically a more cautious driver.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back