Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Disgusting start stop

k3bab

I am disgusted with the start stop feature on my 911.2 turbo. It has a mind of its own. Cuts out the most innapropriate times. Why can't it be like Audi where you have to hold the break pedal down a bit firmer for it to activate???? Mercedes too. Perfect. But no this one is evil !!!!! Literally.

Start stop is a death trap waiting to happen on all cars fitted with it. By no means fool proof and seriously dangerous.

I haven't had any issues with stop/start but I suspect it works differently on a PDK to manual. The other option is to run it in Sport mode because stop/start is switched off.

Manual cars know what you're about to do cos of the clutch and gear stick. Auto's still aren't capable of knowing you next move.

When you take your foot off the brake pedal, they know the loud pedal is next.

I also detest this function ...I have it on my 15 Cayenne and although there is a button to switch off I often forget and it often cuts out at the most inappropriate moments at a roundabout for example where a slow approach is required , momentary stop then opportunity to nip out an£ the bloody think cuts out just as my brain calls do my right foot to be planted .... nothing for pause then the engine limps over again ....I'm convinced it's going to get me rear ended by following traffic ...

I have requested Porsche disable but they will not ...

I have read somewhere that the Macan retains its last command on the stop/ start until otherwise asked to operate ...? Anyone know if this is the case ?

It's a real PITA ....and probably the only thing I don't like about the Cayenne S ........

I totally agree with this guy regarding this tech ........

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=k159M8QhCIE

Double Post... edited

Im not sure on the Macan but i expect its like the other Porsches .. its default to on .

991 has an on / off button as well .

From memory it Can be coded off .. strange your OPC has refused .. i think if i asked someone to do something and they refused i might resort to a little foot stomping .. well .. at least get a dam good reason why not !

deMort said:
Im not sure on the Macan but i expect its like the other Porsches .. its default to on .

991 has an on / off button as well .

From memory it Can be coded off .. strange your OPC has refused .. i think if i asked someone to do something and they refused i might resort to a little foot stomping .. well .. at least get a dam good reason why not !

Cheers deMort ...I might just do the 'foot stomping ' thing ....in all seriousness I find it counter intuitive ,downright dangerous in my driving style and would rank the tech along with the first edition PDK buttons which worked the opposite way to most people's natural actions ....I'd just like it default to off ....then I'd be a happy dude ......

If it helps .. i hate stop start with a passion .. i have to make sure its working on a road test .. which means i drive it to the end of the estate .. it works .. i then disable it for the remainder of the road test !

Hate the thing, a few years ago when my 911 was in for service at Hatfield OPC I paid an extra £90 and they coded it , so it was off as at start up. Took my cayenne a few weeks later and they said they were no longer able to !

991.2 S/S system is always trying to stop even at the slightest chance of idling, annoying as F.

I imagine that the number of baby Polar bears saved as a result of stop/start will be precisely zero. Utterly pointless tech. Hate it.

Its just another government fiddle they've been conned with again to generate less vehicle tax revenue.

My first Touareg had it and it worked like you'd expect, stop at a junction couple of seconds later it stops.
New car now cuts as your coasting to a junction at 2-3 mph. I went back to the dealer, no seriously I did think they'd listen, they didn't. Told them it was dangerous, I mean if the engine is OFF surely so is the power steering and power brakes. Oh you've got electronic power steering, err no I don't it's hydraulic! Anyway it only works when it feels like it and that isn't to often so when it does work I turn it off as it's just a flippin pain.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back