Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My 911 thread

I collected the car this afternoon, very pleased with it.
Ill update this thread as I go through the ownership experience
Luckily its a bank holiday weekend so will be able to use it a fair bit, happy days as they say

Obligatory car on the drive picture
CLra8Mn.jpg

Short update:
Me and Mrs dt4 went down to the new forest for a few days and took in the simply Porsche event at Beaulieu
It was a 520 mile round trip and the car was faultless

The only things I have done to the car have been to fill a few stone chips on the front bumper with touch up paint as a short term fix

Re-coloured the gear knob and handbrake leather with Boxster red leather dye and also the drivers bolster. The colour match was perfect, I applied the dye, left it to dry and then virtually removed it so that it covered the areas that needed it and not those that didn't, it looks great - not falsely new if you know what I mean.

I have the head unit removal keys for the clarion head unit and a CDR22 on its way so an appropriate head unit will be in place soon

This lunchtime I drove to a not so local motor factors to get the compound and pads to cut and finish the Celica GT4 I have just resprayed, I took the 911 just because I could and it was great :thumbs:
I have used the same motor factors for many years (A.S.K. in Kippax, Leeds) as they carry great stock and are really helpful
A couple of the guys came out to look at the car and were very really complimentary so that made my day.

Good stuff dt! :thumb:

It's all those little jobs that us car people do, that differentiates a special example from a run of the mill one.
Good move on the head unit. Unless the car is a daily, so many hours spent in it in traffic, I don't see the point in a modern, aftermarket headunit. Spoils the look of the cabin altogether.

Hi, I think I bought your Boxster off you last year as I notice your in Leeds and you mentioned the Celica? Dave yes?

If so Im sorry to say that is now in the big old car graveyard. I had a slight misshap with a 40 tonner on my way to work about a month after buying it. If its any consolation it did help pay for a family ski holiday......

Good job on the 911, I do prefer them to the Boxster but cant argue with its value for money.

Attachments

• img_20170630_080118_706.jpg
    img_20170630_080118_706.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 3,290
  • img_20170630_080555_200.jpg
    img_20170630_080555_200.jpg
    827.5 KB · Views: 3,290
How did that happen? You must have seen your life flash before your eyes :eek:

Bloody hell Graham
Hope you were / are OK
Yes its me lol
I have just about sold one of the GT4's, a guy has put down a deposit so all being well that will go and the money will off set some of the 996 cost
The other GT4 should be finished in a couple of months and once sold will mean that in effect I have traded the 2 Celicas for the 996
Not a bad deal at all in my eyes

Shame about the old Boxster but you look to be doing a great job on the 996, love the ducktail and the new wheels :thumb:

Long story short came off a notoriously slippy roundabout and it snapped then I parked it under the lorry whilst it was still moving.

Driver only stopped when he heard me beeping the horn....turns out I knew the driver's as well. Old aquiantence through VW's. I was fine, no one hurt. Just pride and NCB.

So a year into ownership and nothing has gone wrong
Driven it around 3000 miles but it was off the road for 5 months over the winter

I have done a few jobs:
front drop links
new cat pipe / back box clamps
new exhaust tips
air / oil filter
oil change
oil pressure sensor
Had the off side front wing painted due to some lacquer peal

Its MOT day today and the tyres are close to the limit on the inside edges so it needs the tracking doing plus probably a set of tyres
The squeak / rattle at the off side front suspension is going to be investigated as I cant track it down

As expected, a set of tyres are required plus it was failed for the headlight main beam having led bulbs, apparently the light pattern is not compliant?
It makes the last mot questionnable :?

so I have had the car 3 years now, its covered 7300 miles in that time and the set of tyres are the only significant expense so far (long may it continue)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back