Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996.1 cab C2 manual

Need video with sound please, sir!

Osh

Since I got the X-pipe fitted I've been driving everywhere with the roof down and the radio off, but this morning i had to be at head office and it was raining - so hood up and Radio 4.

Now some may remember the old lighter socket to USB power adapter polluted the earth and caused poor reception - well, the new one I bought does the same thing.

Am I just having a poor run with these chargers, and a decent one won't do this, or is there something a bit odd about the Porsche wiring that has the lighter socket and the radio sharing an earth and it'll always be a problem?

Using the same chargers in two other cars= no radio reception problems in either of them.

I could, I suppose, spur a USB socket off one of the fuses in the drivers footwell (or, lets be serious, ask Precision to do it), would that be a better idea - isolating the power circuit from the radio?

Get a cheap cigar lighter and run it direct from the battery .. that would isolate it from everything and in theory stop your problem ... if it does then a more permanent fixing of it , n/s/f footwell area maybe ..it will need some sort of bracket made up . .. for now it just needs a couple of cables to a cigar lighter into the car .

i can have a rumage in my cupboard as i think i have an old one and post it to you if it helps .

Thanks DeMort, I'll have a look to see if I have something suitable before asking you to visit the postbox.

A USB socket tucked up under the dash where you'd only find it if looking for it, that didn't interfere with Radio 4, would be awesome.

Good thinking .. a cigar lighter from the battery and behind the dash , you connect a usb convertor to it then just have a cable running into the car where you want .. somewhere near the center consol .. if the cable is long enough then into the center consol cubby perhaps .

Anyways i have the lighter in the image if you want it , the flap can be removed if needed .

Attachments

• s_l300_109.jpg
    s_l300_109.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 3,228
On a totally different note, behold these mighty trumpets:

986e2bb2017d7a09462e5e3ff829810ca2c1aaa5.png

Dammit said:
On a totally different note, behold these mighty trumpets:

986e2bb2017d7a09462e5e3ff829810ca2c1aaa5.png

you planning on playing the german national anthem as you arrive anywhere mate :grin: :grin: :grin:

I have no idea what tune they'd play, but I am absolutely certain that it would be glorious, whatever it was.

I'm also pretty sure that shaftless, knife-edged-butterfly throttle bodies are unlikely to be cheap, so may not make it onto engine v1.

But, just look at them!

Love the sound from bodies and I bet they would sound amazing.

Dammit said:
I have no idea what tune they'd play, but I am absolutely certain that it would be glorious, whatever it was.

I'm also pretty sure that shaftless, knife-edged-butterfly throttle bodies are unlikely to be cheap, so may not make it onto engine v1.

But, just look at them!

They are pretty and it would be fun trying to fit them, not even sure they make them for 996/997s mainly aircooled stuff so thats a project in its self lol., but what was interesting was a drive by wire throttlebody for the newer 911s being developed by ATPower that they are saying needs no remap and will work with existing ECUs but increases airflow by 7% might be worth looking into :grin:

Dammit said:
Since I got the X-pipe fitted I've been driving everywhere with the roof down and the radio off

Need a sound clip :thumb:

For the power supply socket, check to see if you have a car phone connector in the center console, if you do you can buy a connector lead part number 5001.524-276 that plugs into it, you can then splice the cig lighter / usb box into this.

I don't have a lower centre console, is that what you are referring to?

In other news, I bought this months 911 and Porsche world that had the price for those ITB's in - bit too rich for my blood, shiny as they are.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back