Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

200K miles 996.2 GT3

HSC911 said:
FRP said:
Their professional opinion is circa 50k

:eek:

Fancy going anyway :dont know:

I'll buy you a bacon butty :thumb:

Can't wait to read about someone purchasing this :D :thumbs:

The car not the butties :grin:

FRP said:
Firstly. I love this forum and you guys and the levels of anorak .... sorry knowledge ! Is superb

I was just speaking to someone in the trade about my interest in this car. Their professional opinion is circa 50k. I am therefore out so no waving from me!

why not just wave until youve reached your financial aim/target?

crash7 said:
£50k plus fees!! - wow!

Bonkers price, the very reason this car is going to auction is to bate people into paying to much money for it. - Someone will get carried away thinking its a bargain way into GT3 ownership.

If the above cost comes to fruition this would have been a substantially better buy..,

https://www.pistonheads.com/classif.../911-gt3-996/porsche-911-996-gt3-mk-2/8729420

No affiliation

My goodness that's lovely and a total bargain when you compare some other 911 prices!

crash7 said:
£50k plus fees!! - wow!

Bonkers price, the very reason this car is going to auction is to bate people into paying to much money for it. - Someone will get carried away thinking its a bargain way into GT3 ownership.

If the above cost comes to fruition this would have been a substantially better buy..,

https://www.pistonheads.com/classif.../911-gt3-996/porsche-911-996-gt3-mk-2/8729420

No affiliation

That is nice, but why is it a 'substantially' better buy? Just because the number on the odo is lower? :dont know:

somebody offered me a Grey 997 Turbo Cab with 120K started at £35K then went to 40K, needed a new roof but realised that a 30K miles at £54K in black would be better long term buy. That was until I wanted a PDK and it went up again...

Some great info on this thread...

It's turning into a "geek off" between LaSource and Disco.

There can be only one winner...

GT3 Gurus, We need your prices, whoever gets the closest wins the Anorak Award.

Attachments

• geek_fight_798.jpg
    geek_fight_798.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 3,111
41k is my bid! :puh:
(+ fees)

Whats the starting bid price?

Disco said:
Also, ISTR that the single mass flywheel wasn't exclusive to the RS either - the gen 1 996 Clubsports had it too (though the mk2s certainly did not).

Correct, the 996.1 Clubsport was the only non-RS Mezger GT3 to get the LWFW, all the others (996.2, 997.1 & 997.2) have DM.

crash7 said:
£50k plus fees!! - wow!

No affiliation
I've believe I've seen this car in the flesh, when I was trying to decide between 6.1 and 6.2 the owner was kind enough to meet me, show me around the car and chat for a couple of hours, even though he'd accepted an offer on it. If it's the same seller, very nice guy and a lovely example of a GT3.

FRP said:
Firstly. I love this forum and you guys and the levels of anorak .... sorry knowledge ! Is superb

I was just speaking to someone in the trade about my interest in this car. Their professional opinion is circa 50k. I am therefore out so no waving from me!

£50k is what they'd retail it at or buy at ? Struggle to believe it's the latter. Can't imagine this will have much interest from the trade so if anyone really wants it then surely worth a cheeky bid ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back